You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Unless your unemployed...

    Good luck everyone.

    Ron
    yes this is true.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  2. #22
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    But then again, if you think about it, being unemployed would not allow you to purchase the pocket sized nuclear reactor to heat the water to shrink the very expensive Shrink Fletch onto the only arrow you brought with you into the in the field...

    Ron

  3. #23
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    see boys now this guy knows how to have a good time......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  4. #24
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    see boys now this guy knows how to have a good time......
    Yeah, but I usually over-pack my backpack and regret it later when trudging through the timber. Pocket sized nuclear reactors are still pretty heavy...

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    19

    Default

    well i have been out a lot more the last couple of weeks but i still haven't got one yet and it really is starting to make me a little upset but i know i still have lots of time. i just wish i could just take my first deer. i saw a few today in the morning when i went out i just wish i knew more people with private land.

  6. #26
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwc84 View Post
    well i have been out a lot more the last couple of weeks but i still haven't got one yet and it really is starting to make me a little upset but i know i still have lots of time. i just wish i could just take my first deer. i saw a few today in the morning when i went out i just wish i knew more people with private land.
    dont get to bent....took my uncle ten years of bowhunting very hard to get one....I didnt get one w/the bow the first 2 years oh hunting.....got a couple w/the rifle first and then things started comming together.....then for the next 9 years I always was able to get something w/the bow.....until last year, only saw 6 deer last year all three seasons....missed a doe very close w/the bow.....shot a huge buck on thanksgiving day w/the rifle that we never found then finally got a doe w/the muzzle loader....so its not always easy and you will have bad years, its a fact of hunting.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  7. #27
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwc84 View Post
    well i have been out a lot more the last couple of weeks but i still haven't got one yet and it really is starting to make me a little upset but i know i still have lots of time. i just wish i could just take my first deer. i saw a few today in the morning when i went out i just wish i knew more people with private land.
    I haven't been out nearly as much as I'd like. I've seen quite a few the times I have been out, but they were just to far out...I just can't seem to get them to come in this year. We're into gun season now so they are moving alot, and we finally have some cold weather so we'll see what happens this weekend...


  8. #28
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I haven't been out nearly as much as I'd like. I've seen quite a few the times I have been out, but they were just to far out...I just can't seem to get them to come in this year. We're into gun season now so they are moving alot, and we finally have some cold weather so we'll see what happens this weekend...
    they have disappeard I went out almost all day yestarday and saw nothing not even a flag.....was going to go today....got up, raining windy and cold....went back to bed....might have gone out if I had been seeing deer...
    plus I needed a break....I have not missed hunting thanksgiving since I started hunting......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  9. #29
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    they have disappeard I went out almost all day yestarday and saw nothing not even a flag.....was going to go today....got up, raining windy and cold....went back to bed....might have gone out if I had been seeing deer...
    plus I needed a break....I have not missed hunting thanksgiving since I started hunting......
    I went out today...rain held off til about 7:30... But MAN was it cold!!! I love it! I saw a small herd but it was on that restricted land next to the farm I hunt...and they were way out (1000 yrds)


  10. #30
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    funny how much colder it feels when the rain and moisture is in the air.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  11. #31

    Default

    It's over until next October for me. Although I did tag out this year . Nice 6 point and 2 doe.

  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    19

    Default

    hey bowman where you from and you are right that the weather seems colder when it feels like it going to rain. yeah i am not going to give up on it. it just get frustating when you don't see any when you go out and sit all day.

  13. #33
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Well I shot a button buck... so I consider it 1/2 a deer. I'll fill my tags out before the end of the season
    No I'm not dead

  14. #34
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwc84 View Post
    hey bowman where you from and you are right that the weather seems colder when it feels like it going to rain. yeah i am not going to give up on it. it just get frustating when you don't see any when you go out and sit all day.

    Near Woodstock NY......no I am not a hippie......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    19

    Default

    ok that is why you were talking about rain. I live in Illinois near the NIU college. hunting here is good but it is hard to find private land.

Similar Threads

  1. What do you do after deer season?
    By tnts79 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 11:42 PM
  2. Gun season.
    By kbohunt in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 05:06 AM
  3. The Season That Might have been!!!!
    By buckhunter31 in forum Offtopic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 08:25 PM
  4. First 3D of the season.
    By two_shoes in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 11:02 AM
  5. 3d Season ..........
    By ladyarcher5575 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 12:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •