You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Unless your unemployed...

Good luck everyone.

Ron
    yes this is true.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

But then again, if you think about it, being unemployed would not allow you to purchase the pocket sized nuclear reactor to heat the water to shrink the very expensive Shrink Fletch onto the only arrow you brought with you into the in the field...

Ron

see boys now this guy knows how to have a good time......

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    see boys now this guy knows how to have a good time......
    Yeah, but I usually over-pack my backpack and regret it later when trudging through the timber. Pocket sized nuclear reactors are still pretty heavy...

well i have been out a lot more the last couple of weeks but i still haven't got one yet and it really is starting to make me a little upset but i know i still have lots of time. i just wish i could just take my first deer. i saw a few today in the morning when i went out i just wish i knew more people with private land.

Quote Originally Posted by jwc84 View Post
    well i have been out a lot more the last couple of weeks but i still haven't got one yet and it really is starting to make me a little upset but i know i still have lots of time. i just wish i could just take my first deer. i saw a few today in the morning when i went out i just wish i knew more people with private land.
    dont get to bent....took my uncle ten years of bowhunting very hard to get one....I didnt get one w/the bow the first 2 years oh hunting.....got a couple w/the rifle first and then things started comming together.....then for the next 9 years I always was able to get something w/the bow.....until last year, only saw 6 deer last year all three seasons....missed a doe very close w/the bow.....shot a huge buck on thanksgiving day w/the rifle that we never found then finally got a doe w/the muzzle loader....so its not always easy and you will have bad years, its a fact of hunting.....

I haven't been out nearly as much as I'd like. I've seen quite a few the times I have been out, but they were just to far out...I just can't seem to get them to come in this year. We're into gun season now so they are moving alot, and we finally have some cold weather so we'll see what happens this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I haven't been out nearly as much as I'd like. I've seen quite a few the times I have been out, but they were just to far out...I just can't seem to get them to come in this year. We're into gun season now so they are moving alot, and we finally have some cold weather so we'll see what happens this weekend...
    they have disappeard I went out almost all day yestarday and saw nothing not even a flag.....was going to go today....got up, raining windy and cold....went back to bed....might have gone out if I had been seeing deer...
    plus I needed a break....I have not missed hunting thanksgiving since I started hunting......

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    they have disappeard I went out almost all day yestarday and saw nothing not even a flag.....was going to go today....got up, raining windy and cold....went back to bed....might have gone out if I had been seeing deer...
    plus I needed a break....I have not missed hunting thanksgiving since I started hunting......
    I went out today...rain held off til about 7:30... But MAN was it cold!!! I love it! I saw a small herd but it was on that restricted land next to the farm I hunt...and they were way out (1000 yrds)

funny how much colder it feels when the rain and moisture is in the air.....

It's over until next October for me. Although I did tag out this year . Nice 6 point and 2 doe.

hey bowman where you from and you are right that the weather seems colder when it feels like it going to rain. yeah i am not going to give up on it. it just get frustating when you don't see any when you go out and sit all day.

Site Guru

Well I shot a button buck... so I consider it 1/2 a deer. I'll fill my tags out before the end of the season
    No I'm not dead

hey bowman where you from and you are right that the weather seems colder when it feels like it going to rain. yeah i am not going to give up on it. it just get frustating when you don't see any when you go out and sit all day.

Near Woodstock NY......no I am not a hippie......

ok that is why you were talking about rain. I live in Illinois near the NIU college. hunting here is good but it is hard to find private land.