You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Pin colors

Default Pin colors

I know that this is going to be personal opinion because everyone's eyes are different.

I am looking for a color of pin which will show up good against the yellow of the vegas target and also will show up good for 3d. I like the green pin for 3d but it does not work well on the yellow of the paper target. Would a blue pin be a better choice?

I've had good luck with black....................Of course shoot them at 3d and you will hear people griping.

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking about getting black fletching and nocks to keep people from shooting off my arrows.

But my question today is what color sight pin will show up best on the vegas target as well as on 3d targets. The green sight pin is good for 3d but it fades into the yellow on the vegas target.

Sorry............ .............Read thru it real quick and thought you meant seeing a pin nock.

I've shot red but the red normally requires a light because it is soooo dim.

I have been using the blaze orange. They are made by bright fiber. It is very close in color to red which shows up good on the vegas face. It also works great in the shadows while shooting 3-d. This is my second year w/ and I never switch colors from spots to 3-d. I bought it in 1 foot lengths but you can buy it by the meter also.

You can google scott and son archery that is where I puchased it from or if you search the classifieds on archery talk and maybe here you can find it. Just search in sights and scopes and you will find it.

Again it is brightfiber/toughfiber.
    hope this helps

Thanks. Blaze orange might just be what I am looking for. I see blaze orange pretty well. I think that I may have a piece of orange fiber to try out. Got to go and look through the archery box now.

My post must be very confusing.

I just made up an orange pin. I have a dot shoot tonight so I don't want to take the green pin out and have to sight in but I am going to put the pin into the 45 yard spot and see how it looks. If it looks good both for spots and 3d it will be taking the 20 yard pin's spot tomorrow.

Default black

all the way just use a black marker and paint iut black
    Chris Berry (looking for a great bow company)
    Nikon Pro-Staff, Spot-Hogg Sights, Gold-Tip Pro-Staff, B-Stinger Brotherhood, Lumenok Pro-Staff,Muzzy Pro-Staff,Montana Decoy Pro-Staff
    Shoot strong and never let the blood dry in the back of your truck!!!!!!!

The orange fiber is doing the trick. Thanks for the suggestion.