You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Need help

Default Need help

I would like to get my own fletch jig, what do you recomend. I also use quick spins if they make a difference.
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker

I had mine over 30 years and say that Bitzenburger is the only one to buy. It's pricey, but has the versatility of being able to fletch left or right helical, or straight and straight offset with the appropriate clamps. You'll never wear it out. In fact, look around and maybe you can pick up a used one.

Quick spins are a different vane with the kicker, but I've done those, too, with little difficulty.

The Bitzenberger is the best but you can get by with an Arizona EZ Fletcher. The EZ Fletcher should be quite a bit cheaper than the Bitz
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Another one to look at is the Grayling. It's the same kind of style as the Bitzenberger but it's made out of fiber filled nylon/plastic. You can get right straight and right helical clamps for it. I have one and paid about $35 for it.

The Arizona EZ Fletcher that Chris recommends is nice too. The only downside to that is that if you want to play with offset, or straight/helical, you have to buy a fletcher for each type since they do not adjust. On the other hand, they are very easy to use. I have a 4 degree straight Arizona EX Fletcher and it works very well. I've had it a while now and I think I paid about $35 for that one too.

Any of the above-mentioned fletchers will work with QuickSpins... With the Arizone Fletchers you just have to be a little careful since the vane slides into a slot as opposed to be clamped upon. The QuickSpins fit fine but the kicker on the back of the vane can get caught a bit in the fletcher's slot when you remove the arrow from the fletcher. You just have to be a little careful.

Good luck.

Ron

Nothing beats a Bitz. They are alittle more expensive but it's the only one your gonna have to buy. And you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by papito View Post
    I would like to get my own fletch jig, what do you recomend. I also use quick spins if they make a difference.
    If you don't like a WB, why do you need a fletching jig.
    Pearson Z-32 52# 28 1/2"
    Slick Trick Mags TEAM 2

Quote Originally Posted by Duck65 View Post
    If you don't like a WB, why do you need a fletching jig.
    maybe he wants to start making up his own arrows from scratch.......

maybe he is shooting such tight groups and needs to replace all the fletchings he is wrecking .......

maybe he just has some extra money and does not know what else to do with it........
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    maybe he wants to start making up his own arrows from scratch.......

maybe he is shooting such tight groups and needs to replace all the fletchings he is wrecking .......

maybe he just has some extra money and does not know what else to do with it........

What he just said. You know. There are those of us who take a little pride in doing our own thing. For example, I haven't shot an arrow in 30 years that I didn't fletch myself. Sometimes I shoot feathers and go through almost 300 a year. Now what would it cost to have them done at a shop? I'll give you a hint. Enough to buy two Bitzenburger jigs and a two year supply of fletching--------and I get to pick the color and size.

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    What he just said. You know. There are those of us who take a little pride in doing our own thing. For example, I haven't shot an arrow in 30 years that I didn't fletch myself. Sometimes I shoot feathers and go through almost 300 a year. Now what would it cost to have them done at a shop? I'll give you a hint. Enough to buy two Bitzenburger jigs and a two year supply of fletching--------and I get to pick the color and size.
    Dude, If Papito had any pride he would change that signature"(WB's are for girls!!!)" he uses!!!! That shows a lot of respect toward fellow archers. He sets a good example for New Yorkers!
    Pearson Z-32 52# 28 1/2"
    Slick Trick Mags TEAM 2

Dude, If Papito had any pride he would change that signature"(WB's are for girls!!!)" he uses!!!! That shows a lot of respect toward fellow archers. He sets a good example for New Yorkers!
    maybe we dont want a good example.......look they let me stay on here......

does it bother you that much to be called a girl....maybe you have issues w/your manlyism......

Easy there ladies, don't want ya to mess up your dresses!..............J/K. But seriously papito go with the Bitz. they are great. Hey Bowman are you from around the same area as papito?
    Last edited by Radar; 11-17-2006 at 08:26 AM.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Easy there ladies, don't want ya to mess up your dresses!..............J/K. But seriously papito go with the Bitz. they are great. Hey Bowman are you from around the same area as papito?
    Maybe......I think that your RADAR has been working over time.......

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    maybe we dont want a good example.......look they let me stay on here......

does it bother you that much to be called a girl....maybe you have issues w/your manlyism......
    If you bunch of girls had a wood shed around here, I'd show you my manlyism.
    Pearson Z-32 52# 28 1/2"
    Slick Trick Mags TEAM 2

This is getting a little out of hand, i just wanted a little info on jigs, not a fight. And no i will not cange my signature.
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS

Thans guys for the info on jigs, i think i will go with the blitz. I sounds like it will last me longer, thanks guys
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS

Quote Originally Posted by papito View Post
    This is getting a little out of hand, i just wanted a little info on jigs, not a fight. And no i will not cange my signature.
    I think I'll keep my signature too.
    Pearson Z-32 52# 28 1/2"
    Slick Trick Mags TEAM 2

I think I'll keep my signature too.
    even though its not nice it is funny......

Default Thanks

I'm starting to warm up to you guys. Yall might be alright after all.
    Pearson Z-32 52# 28 1/2"
    Slick Trick Mags TEAM 2

I'm starting to warm up to you guys. Yall might be alright after all.
    dont get too warm there pal.....remember no wrestling.......