You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: new bike

Hybrid View

Default new bike

well the wife and i went and got some bicycles today. the wife gave up after 1 mile and gus and i got in 8 miles this evening before it got too late. from what i have heard you burn 300 calories an hour at regular pedaling. now im trying to slow down on the pepsi and junk food. gonna try to get down to a good weight. im weighing in at about 230-235 right now. going to try to get done to 160 or so. anyone else starting to excersize?
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

jim

Cutting out the pop and sweets will help you drop weight plus be better for your heart. The bikes will give you exercise and help circulation. Best thing is you've made the choice to do something. Keep it up, you and the family will benifit in the long run

got out and rode about 7 miles tonight. freezing cold and probably 40 mile an hour winds. not fun but i got out there and did it
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Default You are not alone !

I got to do the same thing , I already own the bikes and have done alot of cycling .Get an odometer on your bike ,then a couple water bottle holders for water bottles , get good cycling clothes ,etc . ,it's what you make of it and is a hobby of mine ,even road on the highway at times !

I own a cross ,hybred and touring bikes so getting anymore is a no-go as I need to ride !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I got to do the same thing , I already own the bikes and have done alot of cycling .Get an odometer on your bike ,then a couple water bottle holders for water bottles , get good cycling clothes ,etc . ,it's what you make of it and is a hobby of mine ,even road on the highway at times !

I own a cross ,hybred and touring bikes so getting anymore is a no-go as I need to ride !
    i dont plan to get that much into it. just wanted to do it for the exersize. leg muscles get sore after a few miles. we just bought cheap 100 dollar mountain bikes.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

well guys i have lost 5 pounds in a week. 65 more to go. been trying to ride my bike everyday, only if it is around the block. put in 10 miles today though.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn