You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: New Target!

Default New Target!

The other night before work I went to Dick's Sporting goods and bought a new Target to use in my basement. The one I bought I had never heard of before but it looked like a nice target. Its called the Carbon Giant, at least thats what it says on the front of it anyway. Its a bag style target but it is square shaped and can be stood on its own. Have'nt got alot of shots into it yet but it seems to be a real good target so far and I spent like 40.00 on it
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    The other night before work I went to Dick's Sporting goods and bought a new Target to use in my basement. The one I bought I had never heard of before but it looked like a nice target. Its called the Carbon Giant, at least thats what it says on the front of it anyway. Its a bag style target but it is square shaped and can be stood on its own. Have'nt got alot of shots into it yet but it seems to be a real good target so far and I spent like 40.00 on it
    a couple of the local clubs use them on the warm up range.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Can't beat a good bag target. I hope it stands up well for you. At the shop I used to go to a fella made his own targets and sold them there. They are called The Boss and they are absolutely great my son and I have shot mine probably 2,000 times and it is still going strong.

"HONDA"

I have a bag target and it stays outside and it holds up pretty good.
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker

I have a Burley Deadstop I've had for a couple of years. I actually have a few targets around the yard now so the Burley has not seen much action as of late. The center ring is shot to heck. The other 4 rings are still going but they won't go much longer. I'll probably keep it until Spring and replace it with a Rinehart 18-1. That Burley had been pretty good to me though, especially for the price.

Ron

Default targets

i have the block and several bulrap bag type targets i like them all , i prefer bag targets when i am going to shoot alot , my 3d targets are a pain to pull my arrows out even with the lubricant i purchased ,

I used to have the carbon giant...it's a pretty good bag target...lasted a long time. We now have the morrell yellow jackets they are also a pretty durable target and they cost somewhere around 35.00.
    M4L

Default Bag target

My newest bag targets are old woven plastic seed sacks stuffed with a couple of polyester pillow fillings, less than 2 bucks at Wallys, with plastic shopping bags layered between the polester batts. Not very big but about the same size as a deers body. I haven't used them enough to see how long they will last.

I tried to make my own bag target once. I took some coated burlap style bags that the horse feed comes in. Then I saved up all the old plastic wrap that would come in on the steel loads for new dies. smashed up all the old plastic wrap and stuffed the bag with it. stopped the arrows awesome! It was pulling them out that was a pain in the a**. The friction from stopping the arrows would melt the plastic to the arrow and lock it in there. it only took 5 arrows to know this was not the right filling. actually broke one of my axis arrows pulling it out
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I tried making one of my own targets once and spent way more time screwing around, with a less than satisfactory result. The targets they have out now are great, especially for the money. Heck, my Burley lasted 1000's of shots and is still alive for about $35. You almost can't make your own for that, considering time, materials, frustration, disappointment, etc...

I still want to get one of those Rinehart 18-1's though...

Ron