You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Think I Got It Figured Out

DW's bow is a Hoyt RazorTech maxed out at 32 lbs on the limbs. We're gonna order some 30-40 lb limbs so she she can get flatter trajectory.
    Decided on the arrows. She's currently shooting 24-1/2" (total) LS 500's weighing in at 265 grains. WAAAAAY overspined.
    Gonna order some Redline 900's, cut'em to 23", use a 70 gr point, A/C/C 8-32 inserts, UNI bushings with G nocks, and three Micro Blazers (1") for a total weight of 229 grains. According to the chart, these should be good for her new limbs as we crank'em up past 35 lbs.
    Ya'll pros have any other suggestions, or have I made a good spine/weight/fletch choice?
    I can always change back to the 1.5" Blazers if the micro's don't stabilize.

Can you still get the redlines? I thought they were DC'd?
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    Can you still get the redlines? I thought they were DC'd?
    Heard the same about the Lightspeeds until I called Easton to get the skinny on it. Said they're still making the LS's, and both are still on the Easton website.
    Guess I'll find out when I call Lancaster to order some...

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    DW's bow is a Hoyt RazorTech maxed out at 32 lbs on the limbs. We're gonna order some 30-40 lb limbs so she she can get flatter trajectory.
    Decided on the arrows. She's currently shooting 24-1/2" (total) LS 500's weighing in at 265 grains. WAAAAAY overspined.
    Gonna order some Redline 900's, cut'em to 23", use a 70 gr point, A/C/C 8-32 inserts, UNI bushings with G nocks, and three Micro Blazers (1") for a total weight of 229 grains. According to the chart, these should be good for her new limbs as we crank'em up past 35 lbs.
    Ya'll pros have any other suggestions, or have I made a good spine/weight/fletch choice?
    I can always change back to the 1.5" Blazers if the micro's don't stabilize.
    Why bother with inserts? Why not just use Nibbs? Why deal with points coming loose, and what is the weight of the inserts (unnecessary weight?).
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Why bother with inserts? Why not just use Nibbs? Why deal with points coming loose, and what is the weight of the inserts (unnecessary weight?).
    She likes to shoot 3-D, and missing targets and hitting rocks and crap tend to ruin points, and screw on's are a LOT easier to replace than nibbs. The A/C/C inserts only weigh 9 grains, so IMHO, it's no big deal. If we shot FITA, then I probably would use nibbs.
    I appreciate your interest.