You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: old rest

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Default old rest

I have been shooting what we call in these parts a lizard tounge. It is the inverted v with the plunger. now I take the upside down v and turn it to the v side and put an alunium shim under that and rest the arrow in it. Shoot cok feather up. I will also trim off the right side and rotate the arrow nock to get better vane clearence. It shoots great. Been doing it for many years. Shoots really tight groups. I shot this for years only a metal one not trimed.I still shoot a version of this and shoots very tight and true. Simple yet accurate. The rest is one of the most critical parts of the set up. the simpler the better is my thouhgt. That is also very disputable. Who has a favitioe rest they shoot. We all know that th WB is Bowmans most favorite rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Striaght Shootin, Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I loved my old TM Hunter rest, just got tired of my arrow falling off at inopportune times like when a nice big doe is 14 yards away. Then I bought myself a WB and have never looked back.

"HONDA"

I shoot a TM Hunter on my PSE and a WB on my Darton. Both a great rests, but as far as old tech I have a 25 yr old Bear Black Mag w/ a plastic stick-on flipper on it. It's taken a few deer in it's day and for a $3 rest it's pretty accurate.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I must admit that the beloved Wb is a great idea for hunting setup. I just lay my arrow over to the right between the rest and window shelf. I have trained myself to place it on the rest before the shot, Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I have a drop away and absolutly love it.