You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Mathews Prestige

How is it as a 3d bow?, I read lots of posts that say its a great short draw bow, I'm 29" and have an opportunity to pick one up in a real good deal.

Is it still a competitive 3d bow? I notice that although the Apex 7 isn't in production anymore the Prestige still is.....

I'm lovin my Elite XLR and I also have a Judge setup for IBO, but this Prestige is in great shape and I'm quite tempted to try it, what do you think?????
    Elite GT500
    Elite Judge
    Elite XLR
    Mathews Apex & Apex 7

Quote Originally Posted by RageBlood View Post
    How is it as a 3d bow?, I read lots of posts that say its a great short draw bow, I'm 29" and have an opportunity to pick one up in a real good deal.

Is it still a competitive 3d bow? I notice that although the Apex 7 isn't in production anymore the Prestige still is.....

I'm lovin my Elite XLR and I also have a Judge setup for IBO, but this Prestige is in great shape and I'm quite tempted to try it, what do you think?????
    I like the Prestige, I use mine for hunting and shoot a little 3-D with it.. until I got the Triumph I intended to buy another Prestige strictly for 3-D.. as it would allow me to shoot 280 fps with a reasonable weight arrow and not have to pull more than my shoulder would like.

But the Triumph has the same speed and a longer string angle.. so it won out.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

I used my Prestige for 3-D for 2 years, won Texas ASA shooter of the year with it last year...

But I will tell ya, I had some problems with its tunning... it seemed like every other time I picked the bow up, something was wrong with it.... and that could have just been my bow...

I loved the way it shot and everything but I sold it because I got tired of messing with the tunning every time I turned around...
    Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

At 28" or longer DL I would recommend going w/ another bow. I had the Prestige, and while it is a great short draw bow, if your longer than 27.5" I think there are better choices out there. For me the Apex 7 is a better fit. My DL is 28.5" fwiw.
    Be good or be good at it.