You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Is archery possible with this eye syndrome?

I'm extremely interested in starting archery, but is it still possible for me to do so with Duane's syndrome?

Meaning that my left eye cannot move left; my right eye is normal though. (This isn't me, but here's an example of what happens when my eyes look left: http://s3.hubimg.com/u/821146_f260.jpg)

So I don't know how this will affect my head and arm positions. Also I'm right-handed.

Shouldn't be a problem since you will be shooting right handed and using your right eye. I close by left eye when shooting.
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document

Quote Originally Posted by ahnonimus View Post
    I'm extremely interested in starting archery, but is it still possible for me to do so with Duane's syndrome?

Meaning that my left eye cannot move left; my right eye is normal though. (This isn't me, but here's an example of what happens when my eyes look left: http://s3.hubimg.com/u/821146_f260.jpg)

So I don't know how this will affect my head and arm positions. Also I'm right-handed.
    if you shoot with both eyes open like I do it might cause some issues seeing how both eyes cant focus on same spot. I agree close left eye or I see alot of tourney shooters use a hat/eye patch thats clips to the visor of the hat and flips down to cover one eye... good luck !
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Thumbs up

Ive seen videos of folks shooting without arms, I dont think you should have a problem if you want it bad enough. Happy shooting.
    Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss