You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: ? on arrows

Default ? on arrows

I put new limbs on my conquest 3 went from 40lbs to 55lbs.I shoot EASTON -3-49 and carbon tech cheetah 525.My ? is,Are these arrows light for my D/W OF 55lbs.?Thanks

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

http://www.eastonarchery.com/default.asp Here is a site that you can find out the info on. it will take you step by step. God bless Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Just on a whim I'm going to say that they may even be on the stiff side, but it will depend on the length. I know I can shoot either 3-18 or 3-28 at 60# and 27".

bfisher,length is 27 1/2

The 3-49 arrows weigh around 8.8gpi so at 27.5" that would be 242gr. Now if you add tip weight of lets say 100gr then vanes and nock and insert. You will probably be around 390-400gr total weight so at 55# you are fine. Not sure about spine though. But weight you are above 7gpp so you are well above the 5gpp min. Hope this helps.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    The 3-49 arrows weigh around 8.8gpi so at 27.5" that would be 242gr. Now if you add tip weight of lets say 100gr then vanes and nock and insert. You will probably be around 390-400gr total weight so at 55# you are fine. Not sure about spine though. But weight you are above 7gpp so you are well above the 5gpp min. Hope this helps.
    60 grains for insert and fletching? wow thats kind of high...
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    60 grains for insert and fletching? wow thats kind of high...
    Depends on the type of vanes. Blazers are only I think 5gr but 4" are like 10-12. Not sure about inserts,nocks,glue.

"HONDA"

Maybe I didn't interpret the original question right. If you're talking about mass weight then just about any properly spined shaft with a 100gr point will be heavy enough. Plenty heavy. And that doesn't even mean nocks, inserts and fletching have to be added in.

If you're asking about spine then I hold to my original answer. ACC 3-28 would be pretty close. I have shot 3-28's at 63# and 27" arrows at 27" draw just fine. If you have any issues then I would look no further than www.eastonarchery.com and check out their spine charts.

I'm not familiar with Carbon Tech.

you talking about the acc 3-49/390, i would say they would be a bit stiff for 55lbs, im shooting them at 28.25 long out of my trykon at 69 lbs. and with a 100 gr broadhead, they scale at 395

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Maybe I didn't interpret the original question right. If you're talking about mass weight then just about any properly spined shaft with a 100gr point will be heavy enough. Plenty heavy. And that doesn't even mean nocks, inserts and fletching have to be added in.

If you're asking about spine then I hold to my original answer. ACC 3-28 would be pretty close. I have shot 3-28's at 63# and 27" arrows at 27" draw just fine. If you have any issues then I would look no further than www.eastonarchery.com and check out their spine charts.

I'm not familiar with Carbon Tech.

Maybe I misunderstood. He said are these arrows light for my DW. To me light and heavy refers to actual weight. Weak and stiff refers to spine. Sorry it I misunderstood. I hope he gets the correct information for what he is asking.

"HONDA"