You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default just stoped in to say hello

HELLO. neb AT rif raf comin on in. Im new to this all heck i dont even have a bow yet. My wife told me the other day that she would like to get a bow and start shootin so im trying to learn everything i can before we go marching down to the pro shop to make my credit card scream.

Thats the good time to make the credit card scream LOL. When the wife is all for it . That way you can really splurge and get set-up right . Let me tell you, your wife and you will have a blast indulging and becoming effeciant archers. Even if you never hunt just target shooting with the wife is a great time, lots of laughs especially as you are learning.Dont be discuraged if your wife is a better shot than you . For some reason females really take to shooting sports( most of the time).

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I have a great idea, Buy hers frist and do it really good then she won't get upset when it's your turn. What a brainstorm and you are welcome to this sight God Bless, Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I had planed to get her a hoyt selina(sp) and after that im free to do some hard core spending. I think the shop we stoped at in Denver wanted 600 for the BB selina so im guessing i can come out with something in that range and be happy.

Welcome aboard, and what out this thing is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Thats the good time to make the credit card scream LOL. When the wife is all for it . That way you can really splurge and get set-up right . Let me tell you, your wife and you will have a blast indulging and becoming effeciant archers. Even if you never hunt just target shooting with the wife is a great time, lots of laughs especially as you are learning.Dont be discuraged if your wife is a better shot than you . For some reason females really take to shooting sports( most of the time).
    women have better hand-eye cowardination.....its a scientific fact......there better shots w/guns as well as bows......so my advice is never teach your wife to shoot......if you ever think you might cheat on ANYTHING......
    I cut things up and split them down!

gussys glad to have you with us. I wish my wife would take up archery then it would make getting my new toys a little easier. She has shot with me before and is very good. Wait a minute maybe its better if she does'nt take up archery. Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission when spending $1000. Just make sure the shop measures your Draw Length properly and when choosing a Draw Weight be careful too much weight can lead to poor form and sore muscles which can lead to you giving up on archery. Only you can decide what weight is right for you. Average weight for women is 40-50 and average for men is 50-60. This is only what I have seen so it is not set in stone. Just remember to be safe and HAVE FUN.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    gussys glad to have you with us. I wish my wife would take up archery then it would make getting my new toys a little easier. She has shot with me before and is very good. Wait a minute maybe its better if she does'nt take up archery. Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission when spending $1000. Just make sure the shop measures your Draw Length properly and when choosing a Draw Weight be careful too much weight can lead to poor form and sore muscles which can lead to you giving up on archery. Only you can decide what weight is right for you. Average weight for women is 40-50 and average for men is 50-60. This is only what I have seen so it is not set in stone. Just remember to be safe and HAVE FUN.
    I tend to think that the average begining weight for a women is in the 30-40lbs range.....

boy guys I think im in trouble. Its going to be the Hoyt selina for sure. She was shotin one at 30# with a 23"draw(i think). At the pro shop the guy set it up for her and handed her a new carter release to try out. You could have heard my creadit card just cryin at this point, then he took us back to the range and gave her 6 arrows and proceded to instruct her as to how to shoot. After the first shot she looked over to me with the most excited look on her face and asked if we could get overnight shipping on the bow they orderd in for her. After 2 hrs with the shop bow I had to drag her out to dinner . We still didnt get a chance to look for a bow for me but her bow will be in soon and then its my turn.

get hers first???man she must be something else......can you say wooped......

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    get hers first???man she must be something else......can you say wooped......
    You're still single... FOR NOW.... but you will learn....If Mama's happy, Everyone is happy! But if Mama's NOT happy... well you'll figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    You're still single... FOR NOW.... but you will learn....If Mama's happy, Everyone is happy! But if Mama's NOT happy... well you'll figure it out
    Truer words were never spoken.

"HONDA"

Won't be long and he'll be in the club .. so I thought I'd give'm a heads up.

AMEN the wife being happy is going to let me have a budget of about 1000 for my bow with out any whimper as to cost. In every thing we do I always get her happy first and then i get what i want.