You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default More Arizona Bigotry

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/04/30/arizona-teachers/
    Let's see now, if you have an "accent," you can't teach. So, I'd say get rid of all the New Yorkers in Tejas...

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    Let's see now, if you have an "accent," you can't teach. So, I'd say get rid of all the New Yorkers in Tejas...
    While you jest, that would play well with most Texans..

Tom... you are aware that this is an ENGLISH speaking country... live here speak the language.. go to another country and see how many telephones require you to punch #1 to continue in the native language... or that mandate that signs be printed in both the native language and English for the illegalís...

I've sponsored two folks to immigrate to the USA and it is a complicated process, but if you are here illegally you have no leg to stand on... go home and do it correctly..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

I agree that if you're here illegally, then you need to go back and get legalized ASAP.
    As far as English goes, I'm bi-lingual to a certain extent, but the lingua-franca of this country is English, and should be used in governmental, legal, and civil documents whenever possible. However, other languages should be available to the new individuals that have difficulty reading and speaking English, like tourists, etc. The Arizona measure is nothing but state sponsored bigotry, IMHO.
    There's a new proposal out, a "bio-metric National ID Card," which I support 100%. To get a job or recieve assistance, it must be scanned, and the recipient much match the data on the bar-code. It remains to be seen how sophisticated the anti-tampering methodology will be to prevent counterfeiting the card.
    Good on yuh for sponsoring two immigrants.
    Are they keeping your lawn mowed and yer truck washed?

I agree that if you're here illegally, then you need to go back and get legalized ASAP.
    As far as English goes, I'm bi-lingual to a certain extent, but the lingua-franca of this country is English, and should be used in governmental, legal, and civil documents whenever possible. However, other languages should be available to the new individuals that have difficulty reading and speaking English, like tourists, etc. The Arizona measure is nothing but state sponsored bigotry, IMHO.
    There's a new proposal out, a "bio-metric National ID Card," which I support 100%. To get a job or recieve assistance, it must be scanned, and the recipient much match the data on the bar-code. It remains to be seen how sophisticated the anti-tampering methodology will be to prevent counterfeiting the card.
    One is now a doctor in Ft Worth and a US citizen, I believe the other is back home after finishing his ME.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

so you think a bio-metric national ID card for citizens is great, but asking an illegal to prove they should be here is bigotry?...

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    so you think a bio-metric national ID card for citizens is great, but asking an illegal to prove they should be here is bigotry?...
    Sounds strange don't it.. what's next Obama Youth...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Is it Bigorty? Maybe so. Is it Racial Profiling? Again Maybe so. Is it necessary? Yes. The Latinos might not like it, (or anyone else) but, they should understand the problem instead of covering up for them. IMOO the Latinos (and any one else) covering up, the people knowingly hiring them and so on down the line are as guilty as the ILLEGAL immigrants themselves and should be prosecuted as such. You're not going to get them to volunteer to go back. Screw the feelings until the problem is solved. Sometimes the underdog needs to be kicked 'til it gets up and stands on it's own 4 legs. If you're not willing to be part of the solution, then you've became part of the problem. Sure some feelings are going to be hurt. But all solutions come with a cost. Obviously the road we have been traveling is NOT the right one. Sometimes doing what is right is often the toughest road. If I were to get stopped and asked for my ID, I might not like it, But I also can understand why it would be necessary.

Thumbs up I agree with you !

Quote Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
    Is it Bigorty? Maybe so. Is it Racial Profiling? Again Maybe so. Is it necessary? Yes. The Latinos might not like it, (or anyone else) but, they should understand the problem instead of covering up for them. IMOO the Latinos (and any one else) covering up, the people knowingly hiring them and so on down the line are as guilty as the ILLEGAL immigrants themselves and should be prosecuted as such. You're not going to get them to volunteer to go back. Screw the feelings until the problem is solved. Sometimes the underdog needs to be kicked 'til it gets up and stands on it's own 4 legs. If you're not willing to be part of the solution, then you've became part of the problem. Sure some feelings are going to be hurt. But all solutions come with a cost. Obviously the road we have been traveling is NOT the right one. Sometimes doing what is right is often the toughest road. If I were to get stopped and asked for my ID, I might not like it, But I also can understand why it would be necessary.
    We should all have an ID of citizenship and those who don't seem to question or care who they hire should have to leave with who they hired !

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    Exactly, because it's applied evenly to all members of the population, reguardless of ethnicity or apperance.
    I have NO problem with showing my ID when it's required, but not if I'm walking down the street in the "wrong" neighborhood full of 5' tall Irish, and the police want to harass me out of the area to satisfy some bigoted individual that hates me because I'm 6'3" tall....

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I could not agree more
    Of course being a very Southern man ist really shows

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

most communistic states support this as well
    control of it's people
    ie the rfid chip say's right there he is

it's none of thier biz where I am as long as I am abiding by the law

Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps