You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Well I ordered an 07

I shot as many bows as I could. Was really set on buying Switchback, only waiting on the Drenlin to get here. Well the Drenlin isn't for me, liked the Switchback better. The same day the Hoyt Vectrix came in, dealer said give it a try. The customers say it is sweet, and not as harsh as Trykon. Didn't like Trykon at all. He said feedback from customers was that it was the #1 choice. I didn't have anything to lose by trying 1 more bow, so I shot it on Saturday. I couldn't believe it I actually liked it. Now this only confused me. So I went back today and shot em again. And picked them up and shot them again. Both are great bows but I ordered the Vectrix. I don't think I could make a bad choice. The deciding factor is I wanted a 65# draw for 3D. The dealer said 60# limbs on both bows are usually 61-62 max. So 70# limbs were the answer, the Hoyt limbs can be locked down, so at 65# the limbs will act like they are tightened all the way down. I hope this thread is helpful to somebody.

congrats on the new bow......I can tell that I dont like you as you will be getting a new bow this year and I am not.....

not arguing that the Vectrix is a great bow and as soon as I can find a dealer that has one I will be next in line to shoot it.....it came down to the limbs being able to be locked......has anybody had a limb bolt on a Switchback move? did not relize this was a problem....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Talking Congrads on the Hoyt!

Great choice! I shot the vectrix at my dealer friday night. Very nice shooting bow. I also was extremely impressed with the new Bear Archery The Truth bow. If you guys get a chance to shoot one. You will enjoy shooting this bow. Fast,no vibration, dead in the hand and just a pleasure to shoot.

Default Misunderstanding

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    congrats on the new bow......I can tell that I dont like you as you will be getting a new bow this year and I am not.....

not arguing that the Vectrix is a great bow and as soon as I can find a dealer that has one I will be next in line to shoot it.....it came down to the limbs being able to be locked......has anybody had a limb bolt on a Switchback move? did not relize this was a problem....
    The limb bolts are fine, it makes limbs shoot like they are bottomed out. It makes the limb pocket soild. I believe they shot better when limbs bolts are tightened all the way.

Default Bear

Quote Originally Posted by McArcher View Post
    Great choice! I shot the vectrix at my dealer friday night. Very nice shooting bow. I also was extremely impressed with the new Bear Archery The Truth bow. If you guys get a chance to shoot one. You will enjoy shooting this bow. Fast,no vibration, dead in the hand and just a pleasure to shoot.
    I shot the Truth, it is impressive. I liked the grip on the Hoyt better. And the Vectrix had a little less shock, it sat in my hand better through the shot.

CONGRATS on the new bow. I have not shot any of the new bows I'm afraid it will cost me $$$$$

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by poorshot View Post
    ...... The dealer said 60# limbs on both bows are usually 61-62 max. So 70# limbs were the answer, the Hoyt limbs can be locked down, so at 65# the limbs will act like they are tightened all the way down. I hope this thread is helpful to somebody.
    Not true! The limbs being locked down has nothing to do with it. It's added assurance. The performance of the bow comes from the angle of the limbs as thery sit in the pocket. The limbs are not at the their optimal performance just because their locked down. I can't believe a dealer told you that. Sounds like a "I don't know so I'll make something up answer"

That being said, don't fall into the hogwash of the bow not performing as well if it were maxed out. I've shot many hoyts on the low end and noticed no difference whatsoever in performance.

One other thing, have your dealer order the bow 55 to 65. Hoyt will do this as a special. My 2006 Protec w/Spirals is 55 to 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Not true! The limbs being locked down has nothing to do with it. It's added assurance. The performance of the bow comes from the angle of the limbs as thery sit in the pocket. The limbs are not at the their optimal performance just because their locked down. I can't believe a dealer told you that. Sounds like a "I don't know so I'll make something up answer"

That being said, don't fall into the hogwash of the bow not performing as well if it were maxed out. I've shot many hoyts on the low end and noticed no difference whatsoever in performance.

One other thing, have your dealer order the bow 55 to 65. Hoyt will do this as a special. My 2006 Protec w/Spirals is 55 to 65.
    I am glad someone else said it......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    CONGRATS on the new bow. I have not shot any of the new bows I'm afraid it will cost me $$$$$
    Be afraid, Be VERY AFRAID!!!!!
    I have the same fear!

Thumbs up Hoyt bows

I've got a Trykon that I dearly love and shoot it quite well, but after shooting the Vectrix, there's no question on choice. The softer, smoother cam on the Vectrix makes it a real winner in my book. It actally out shot the Trykon on speed by about 8 fps with the sme arrows. Da wife is gonna kick my but, but it looks like I'll be makin a trade in the near future. It's a good thing they look so much alike, she'll never notice. That is if I can keep her out of my monthly statements. Oh well, I've got plenty of calouses if that happens. Congrats on the new bow, I'm green with envy
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI