You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Levi wins NFAA event

This last weekend was the Western Classic Trail Shoot in Reading, CA. This tournamet consist of 70 known distance 3D targets with a orange center scoreing ring. Targets range from 4 yards to 101 yards. Most of the shooters that attend are the field/fita/indoor style shooters like Dave Cousins, Jessie Broadwater, Shane Wills, so on so on. Well this year Levi Morgan attended and won the event with a 1535 out of 1540 possable. Im not saying Levi cant shoot these style shoots because he is an awsome shooter Im just saying it is awsome to see a 3D shooter coming into the field shooters house and taking home the money. I think this is the first year for Levi to shoot Reading. In the past Dan McCarthy has won it as well. I have heard some of the spot shooters saying that a 3D shooter dont have what it takes to be dominate in these types of shoots but now I think some of the 3D shooters are making a point.

If you have never shot this tournament it is one to try to make. Alot of shooters show up to this tournament. I have really enjoyed going to this shoot in the past. It is held in the mountains of Reading and you deal with winds from the thermals, heat and sometimes rain. Congrats to Levi on a good win.

Wow, that's some impressive shooting. The top 3D guys are very good shooters.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

What makes Levi a 3d shooter? He shoots most of the big indoor shoots. Why do some people label people as one form of shooting or another? Great shooting Levi!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2fingers View Post
    What makes Levi a 3d shooter? He shoots most of the big indoor shoots. Why do some people label people as one form of shooting or another? Great shooting Levi!!
    He didnt start shooting any indoor till 2 years ago. And this year he hadnt even shot an indoor round till the vegas tournament, or at least that is what he said at vegas. He has just openly said he is not a spot shooter thats all im getting at.

Default Levi

Quote Originally Posted by 2fingers View Post
    Levi shoots 3d most the time and like other have already said he will even tell you he dont practice indoor. Not really that big of deal. I feel Jeesee and Reo are NFAA archers. 3d is unmarked yardage!
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

101 yards?
    Damn, I gotta get a Sure-Loc and cut 90 foot of brush...

Default 3D is tougher than Target

It is easier for a 3D shooter to move over to field and target archery than the other way around. Judging yardage is harder to learn than to learn how to aim at a dot.

Each sport has its trick of the trade and each have their great archers in both. Both require alot of shooting skill. Imagine Redding without Orange dots on the targets. Then it would be really interesting aiming at something you cannot see.

That is pretty amazing. I think they need to do a blood sample on him, wouldn't be suprised if there is some 15w40 running thru his veins..
    Be good or be good at it.