You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Indoor/3D Bow finally put back together (pics)

Finally got my LX put back together after trading for camo limbs and getting a couple parts dipped in camo by Tarjac Inc. Thought you guys might like to take a gander at it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few more
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm tossing around the possibility of getting the ANTS, Ripcord, and stabilizer dipped in camo also.

is this the camo riser bow that was dipped.....that thing looks awsome.....the camo accent limbs and cable guard are sweet.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

It is a rootbeer colored LX. I traded my black limbs for camo ones then had the limb pockets and roller guard dipped. I saw a rootbeer legacy on ebay a couple months ago with camo limbs and limb pockets. I though it was pretty cool. I was looking for something to shoot indoors this winter and decided to get a rootbeer LX and camo it up. I have another Tronjo grip coming that is red, orange and green to put on this one. The grip on this bow will go back on the Switchback.

If only I could shoot as good as it looks........

I must have been thinking of a different bow....the other one had a camo riser that the guy dipped in some kind of red transpernt film and it looked very similar.....

this one still looks sweet.....

what about camoing the wheel and cam.....

I though about doing that, but I think I like them black. There is a guy on archerytalk.com (screenname is mean2v) that has an allegience done. He had the cams, sureloc sight, rest and everything dipped to match. It looks pretty awesome, but I like the cams black. If I could get them done in rootbeer anodizing to match the riser........now that would be a different story.

That's a pretty cool looking bow.

I saw a guy a few weeks ago that had his cams and cable guard dipped. I think that looked really cool.

Ron

the cable guard....any trouble putting back on after the process

Nice looking rig

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    the cable guard....any trouble putting back on after the process
    Not really. The pin that goes through the rollers was a tight fit, but nothing too bad. Just had to make sure the rollers were on the correct sides. There is a black and a silver roller and they do have specific sides. I had to look at my Switchback to make sure I got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    Not really. The pin that goes through the rollers was a tight fit, but nothing too bad. Just had to make sure the rollers were on the correct sides. There is a black and a silver roller and they do have specific sides. I had to look at my Switchback to make sure I got it right.
    what is the difference??....I would like to know for my book of useless knowledge.....well its only useful to archery guys.....so I guess its not completly useless....

I honestly don't know the difference. I read a post in the mathews tech forum that stated that the cable had to be on one roller and the string on the other. I would assume that one of them is steel and the other is aluminum. I would also assume that the cable should go through the steel roller since there is more pressure applied to the cable during draw. (at least I think that is how is goes).

Don't know how much difference there is, I just put it back the way my Switchback is.

Sorry I couldn't add more specifics to you book of useless knowledge....

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Just curious.. If I wanted to have a bow custom painted where would I send it? Can they paint the whole thing?

Very sweet looking bow jc!! Thanks for the pics think I'll file one away so I can drool over it from time to time. If you do dip the ripcord and ants be sure to update the pics for us.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    Just curious.. If I wanted to have a bow custom painted where would I send it? Can they paint the whole thing?
    Not sure about where to get custom painting done. Tarjac does hydrographic dipping where they dissolve a sheet of camo or other pattern on the surface of water and then dip your parts into it causing the pattern to wrap around the part. They have a bunch of patterns to choose from and not all are camouflage. You can go to www.tarjac.com and look at the patterns page. I have seen custom painted risers on www.archerytalk.com before. You might ask on there where to get it done (if they ever get their server back online). Tarjac can dip the entire bow.

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Very sweet looking bow jc!! Thanks for the pics think I'll file one away so I can drool over it from time to time. If you do dip the ripcord and ants be sure to update the pics for us.

Will do. I just replaced the Easton stabilizer with a 24" Shrewd devibe and should have a new Tronjo grip on it next week. It is a bow that is constantly changing personalities. I will try to keep its progress posted.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    what is the difference??....I would like to know for my book of useless knowledge.....well its only useful to archery guys.....so I guess its not completly useless....

For those who also want to know. I posted my explanation for the 2 different roller question on Mathews website. I was told that what I suspected was correct. Below is the difference between the two rollers on the cable guard.

"I know that the string and cable must be routed over their specific rollers on the cable guard. However, inquiring minds need to know. What is the difference in the two rollers?

Here is my guess: The lighter roller is made of steel and the cable runs over it. It is made of steel because of the forces applied on the cable during draw. The darker roller is aluminum to save on weight and the string runs over it due to the lack of significant force applied to the string at the roller.

Am I close???????? Question
    "
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I like da bow,looks really sharp, I'd say it shoots a s good as it looks as well. and thanks for all you have done for US. Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps