You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Oklahoma proudly wear your guns now law

Oklahoma law makers passed a bill now that allows citizens to wear there guns in plain view if you own a concealed gun permit. If I owned a pawn shop or cash buissness you bet I would wear one and know how to use it.

Garantee the bad guys will move to the next window at banks and buissnesses now. Conveince clerks can wear those guns rght on there hips and littl different for criminals when they know the citizen is armed.

Are concealed weapons law here has been a great success. I remember when it came to pass many said we will have tons of promblems. Well you background checks are tough and law abiding citizens have a right to protect themselves. It has saved several lifes and makes a criminal think twice before attacking someone.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I'll be glad when Missouri allows open carry. Concealing my SA XDm 3.8 is tough on a fat boy. I've got 13 Pistols. The XDm and my Beretta PX4 are my favorites. All pistols have trijicon sights where avalable. Too many "Illegal" undesirables around not to carry.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Oklahoma and Arizona are tired of rising crime

Quote Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
    I'll be glad when Missouri allows open carry. Concealing my SA XDm 3.8 is tough on a fat boy. I've got 13 Pistols. The XDm and my Beretta PX4 are my favorites. All pistols have trijicon sights where avalable. Too many "Illegal" undesirables around not to carry.
    We see way to many inicent victims every day getting shot. If you worked a night time conveniant store would you not want a gun on your hip. If your were one of the Lubys massacree (Texas) would just one person having a gun saved lots of inicent slaghter of people. Its about letting honest citizens protect themselves. Gangs carry guns and now youth are carring guns. They will always get them and if not guns other weapons.

If the news would report how many save there lifes by owning a gun we would look at guns in a different manner.

Thug comes up to the elder now and looks to find an easy target he may just get shot.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I've carried legally ever since Mo adopted the CCW. The one thing people DON'T do is that once they get their CCW is that they don't follow thru and get the skills they need to use the weapon properly. I shoot appx. 300 to 500rds a week thru mine. With sights at 21 yds (furtherest yardage at the range) I can usually put 95/100 in the bull. Been teaching myself to fire without the sights and it is going well. You think Archery is expensive! Try shooting appx 1800/2000 rds a month. My youngest brother is a cop and does the reloading. 2 more that I carry also a little "learning" chart that I give people I help teach. It shows what you may be doing wrong if your grouping isn't center.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default True

Quote Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
    I've carried legally ever since Mo adopted the CCW. The one thing people DON'T do is that once they get their CCW is that they don't follow thru and get the skills they need to use the weapon properly. I shoot appx. 300 to 500rds a week thru mine. With sights at 21 yds (furtherest yardage at the range) I can usually put 95/100 in the bull. Been teaching myself to fire without the sights and it is going well. You think Archery is expensive! Try shooting appx 1800/2000 rds a month. My youngest brother is a cop and does the reloading. 2 more that I carry also a little "learning" chart that I give people I help teach. It shows what you may be doing wrong if your grouping isn't center.
    But with 30,000 concealed weapons permits there has not been one incident in are state. Phamisist shot one kid outside his store after being held up at gunpoint, My thought is the youth should not have been using guns in a robbery and if get shot its your fault. We just had youth randomly shooting at the local mall here and they killed an inicent citizen youth girl (Gang Crap)Honestly I was worried at first but found it to be a good law.
    Crime is on the rise and with todays economy it wont get any better. Taking guns out of honest citizens wont solve crime. Arming honest folks darn sure will!
    DB
    DB

Everyone, I think, was a little concerned about issuing CCw permits at first. but in almost all circumstances crime rate has actually fallen. But, also, people must take the responsibility that comes with it.

An armed society is a polite society.
    Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Glad you guys got your rights returned to you, but what I don't understand is why, if you can carry concealed, would you want to open carry. I carry my primary S.O.B. and my back up in my front pocket where my hands are usually at. I have the distinct advantage that they will almost never see the back up come out of the pocket until it is far too late for them to respond.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Mo, have you been practicing shoot and scoot drills too? Fire and movement? Even better, if you can get good at it is fire with (while) movement.

I like a draw, double tap, move a short distance (<10', normally just a step or two) and a well placed follow up shot or two. Throw in some clearing drills for good measure.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Quote Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
    Mo, have you been practicing shoot and scoot drills too? Fire and movement? Even better, if you can get good at it is fire with (while) movement.

I like a draw, double tap, move a short distance (<10', normally just a step or two) and a well placed follow up shot or two. Throw in some clearing drills for good measure.
    No, actually not. I don't have a range readily available for that plus I just had 6 screws put in my back a few months back and my agility isn't there yet. The range I go to is just an indoor range with 25 shooting stalls. But I've been told there is one about 25 minutes further from me where I'll be able to do the others. When the back gets better I'll be checking it out.
    As for as the open carry....I really don't want to but I want to be able to. I usually carry the Beretta 90 (32) in a pocket holster. I have "CrossBreed Holsters" for the others I carry. (IWB's).
    Last edited by MoSkeeter0311; 05-06-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Cool

We have an open carry here in Nevada, always have. However you can be cited for disturbing the peace or some other horse azz law if some liberal weenie cry's foul. That's why we conceal.
    Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss

Not sure I am real crazy about this. And being the wife of a law enforcement officer, I have to stick with these guys.
    There are some good points, but also some bad, there are just too many IF's.
    I will stick with my concealed handgun.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

its been 6 weeks since i turned my application in. im ready for it to get here. my mom is also waiting on hers. we turned them in on the same day. she really could have used it last saturday but im not going to get into it.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

just got my ccl monday and went and picked up a kahr cw 40 today
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

this bill didnt pass public safety committee, therefore it is dead. It could resurface next session, but seems to be forgotten for now.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg