You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: cable guards

Default cable guards

Does anyone know of an aftermarket roller cable guard that can replace a standard slider guard?Im just curious because it seems most of the newer bows out there have rollers and my older ross does not.{would like to change that}

NO, but Saunder's Archery makes a "Cable Glide" Cable slide replacement that has a roller in it. Never had it make any noise while hunting, even in sub zero temps.

Yes, the Bow Turbo. It is made to slide over your cable rod and tighten down with a set-screw. People have seen some significant speed increases by installing the Bow Turbo. The problem with them is that it changes your limb pre-load/ limb deflection, and draw length. That is really where the enhancement comes from.
    To the best of my knowledge all manufacturers void the warranty on bows that have had a Bow Turbo installed. I understand that you don't have a warranty but I still wouldn't use one. Your Ross is a good bow and should last a very long time in its original condition.
    Besides all that, Mathews the biggest user of the Roller Guard does not have them on their top 2 target bows. If the roller guard was all that and two bags of chips, then the C4 and Triumph would be sporting them.

Default cable guards

I appreciate the info guys.i just purchased the z7 so now i have my rollers!
    Not to mention my old faithful ross.