You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Anyone use the Carter Evolution Release?

I have started using this release here recently. I thought that I had spent enough time with the release but judging by my score on Sunday I have a long way to go. Just curious how others have this release set up. Sunday my body had so much pressure on the release that it was going off as soon as I let off of the safety. My holding weight is 19 pounds and I have the release to go off at about 23 lbs. How do you have yours set up???

It is a release that you need to play with. I changed springs in mine a couple of times and that with some constant tinkering, think I have figured out. You definatley have to be consistent in your anchor point and holding tension. I like mine more and more every day.

I am starting to get that now that you have to tinker with it to get it right

Quote Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
    I have started using this release here recently. I thought that I had spent enough time with the release but judging by my score on Sunday I have a long way to go. Just curious how others have this release set up. Sunday my body had so much pressure on the release that it was going off as soon as I let off of the safety. My holding weight is 19 pounds and I have the release to go off at about 23 lbs. How do you have yours set up???
    All I can say is.....Experiment, experiment, experiment. I for one come to draw and feel the back wall of my 2007 Allegiance. Once I feel the wall I pull into it firmly but not overly aggressive. It is critical that you anchor the same every time cause if you anchor to aggressively it fires prematurely( shoots as soon as you release the safety) or if you anchor too softly it won't fire or takes forever to fire. If I get lax in my form such as slouching (not standing up totally straight)or too low of a release elbow it shows in the releases performance. It will let me know if something isn't right. My bow starts to cant to the left after a while of not going off. When this happens I let down and restart my shot routine. It has saved me some points believe me. cause if I don't let down I shoot hard left and it is usually 2 inchs or more from the X. The longer I shoot it the more fatigued I get. But soon my body will adjust and things are gonna be good from there. I have shot super scores with this release but it makes you earn every one.

But it's a release worth keeping and shooting. I love it 110%.

Default Tried...

I had one for a couple of weeks (EVO +) - ended up selling it as I never got it to fire consistently (I know it was me). After a while, I lost confidence then that was it....sold it.

Lots of guys swear by it.
    Steve C
    Portage, MI

Carter Releases .... Shoot The Best!

Vortex Optics

Hoyt Pro-Elite
    Hoyt Ultratec

Sureloc Supreme Sight
    Sureloc Scope w/0.5 and 0.6 diopters
    Doinker 32" Elite Series Stabilizer
    Carbon Express X-Jammers - Spot
    Easton Fatboy 400 - 3D

Glory Be To The Lord

I would love to try one of these but we dont have any good shops in my area that carry good target stuff......
    I cut things up and split them down!

ny911bowhunter

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I would love to try one of these but we dont have any good shops in my area that carry good target stuff......
    Northern Dutchess Archery has them, the sell fast, and he just ordered more.

Quote Originally Posted by ny911bowhunter View Post
    Northern Dutchess Archery has them, the sell fast, and he just ordered more.
    oh lord.....joe the schmo????

like I said we aint got now good target shops around here.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default Evo +

Just learning to shoot mine. When it goes as intended, it's a thing of wonder. Almost feels like I'm cheating But I still run into the problem of it not firing when I'm not far enough into the wall, or going off when I release the safety. Thought about using some sort of draw check to get repeatable results I'll let ya'll know how that works out. Much work yet to do
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Carter has mine right now,(fixing it) when I get it back, you can borrow it, if you want.