You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: please help

Default please help

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and to archery. I recently bought a begginers bow, it's a Browning Micro Adrenaline XS kit. It comes unassembled and I'm having a problem with some of the parts. Does the arrow rest have only one screw and one set screw? Also the cable guard, not sure how to install it. I've been on the internet for 2 days now, looking for some info, and can not find a thing. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Sorry just relized there is a begginers section.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by new yorker View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and to archery. I recently bought a begginers bow, it's a Browning Micro Adrenaline XS kit. It comes unassembled and I'm having a problem with some of the parts. Does the arrow rest have only one screw and one set screw? Also the cable guard, not sure how to install it. I've been on the internet for 2 days now, looking for some info, and can not find a thing. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
    seriously? it comes unassembled? I mean I can see the rest not being on it but... wow.

anyway here ya go with the anwsers:

Yes, a lot of rests will only have 1 screw, especially the Whisker Biscuit.

The cable guard should have a corrosponding hole in the riser that it slides into (should be a pretty tight fit). You should have another piece that slides on the cable rod, this is what your strings go in.

Any other questions?
    No I'm not dead

is it the proper draw length and draw weight?.....you should probably take it to a bow shop and no not gander mountain or dicks......Find an actual archery pro-shop and see if they can help

I beleive this is a kids bow but could be wrong.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Welcome to the home of the rif-raf.

Don't know about the rest. There are so many of them. Which one do you have? The cable rod should be pushed into the hole below the grip on the back side of the riser. There should be a a allen head setscrew you tighten to hold it in place. Put the cables in the slide, install the slide on the rod and twist the rod away from the string to give your cables enough clearance that arrow fletching doesn't hit them. Don't go too far with this as it messes up the angle that the cable comes off the bottom cam module.

Frankly, I think you should take this ting to a shop and pay them a few dollars to have it done. And don't be afraid to ask questions. We were all nebies at one time.

Another good thing to do is find a local club where you can shoot. Some have indoor facilities and there are always people around who can help you with your setup and do some coaching to better your form. You can always ask at a shop about local clubs. There has to be at least one. Believe me, the better shooters don't live their lives shooting in their back yards.

Thanks Dredly for the info. I think I'm missing the piece that goes on the rod.

Bowman, your right, it is a youth bow. It's actually for a kid for x-mas. figured I would assemble it for him before x-mas.

Thanks bfisher, I will definetly take it to a shop and look more into a club. I dont want to give a gift that could possibly kill the person because I didn't assemble it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by new yorker View Post
    Thanks Dredly for the info. I think I'm missing the piece that goes on the rod.

Bowman, your right, it is a youth bow. It's actually for a kid for x-mas. figured I would assemble it for him before x-mas.
    that explaines it a little better......
    I cut things up and split them down!