You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I have enjoyed this thread almost as much as the "Mr Burns, Shot my last arrow thread". A great debate on stabilizers, might try a B-stinger.
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

DB cool down.

Dietmar told me B-Stingers were hard on his body and didn't like them. Saw him shoot those Fivics like a demon and then a month later won vegas. He's no BStinger fan and he's an alright guy and will give you what he feels is the truth on any topic you want to run by him. He's worked hard to acquire the confidence to evaluate what works for him. Like I imagine most other winning pro's. Now he shoots Doinkers and shooting great.

I think that Pro's can make anything work. Its not the equipment that is getting them there but the will to put the training in to get there.
    Isn't D. Christenberry not winning like the Doinker days a couple years back? Is it BStingers fault? Likely not.

B-Stingers are nice, but really, they still have to be set-up to get the bow to do what you want it to do. If it means B-Stingers need 8 ounces up front vs. 10 ounces on a Doinker, so be it. It is what it is.
    Pro's don't settle for a sight picture that is less than optimal for the game they are shooting.
    No matter what stab., bow, cam etc. etc.
    B Stinger kool aid is the latest greatest flavour. Its wet and will quench your thirst like Doinker kool-aid and Shibuya kool-aid......
    In a better world, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms would be the name of a convenience store and not the name of a govenment agency.

Lets assume that the pros know everything there is to know about archery. Now some are shooting different equipment from the guys that are winning. What is the deal? The pros even shoot bows from different manufactures. They don't all shoot the same strings.

If I was a manufacturer I would expect my staff to promote my product and to never say anything negative about a competitors product. I would also expect them to not point out any features of my competitors product which might be better than my product. I would not expect them to lie about anything but they don't have to tell the whole truth either.

When it comes to archery equipment, I feel like the equipment needs to match the archer. Since the archers are built different from each other it just seems reasonable that they might shoot better if they all didn't use the exact same equipment.

Oh I haven't shot a 300 60x yet so I could be wrong.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Your qoute

DB, easy there big fella. I think being back on AT is taking its toll on you (yeah I saw that B Stinger thread there).

I have been the same guy for years on archery forums. I still support the pros and think we all should learn from them. Nothing changed about me.
    Im quite a bit older but the feeling for the pros will never change. I just hate the fact most pros wont post on archery forums because they have nothing to gain and alot of crap to deal with if they do post so why post.
    DB
    have to agree with that post 100%. i talk to jeff hopkins sometimes when he comes into my local archery shop (crazy horse archery) here in campbellsville ky and all i can say is he is a really nice guy.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    have to agree with that post 100%. i talk to jeff hopkins sometimes when he comes into my local archery shop (crazy horse archery) here in campbellsville ky and all i can say is he is a really nice guy.
    And I talk to his daughter all the time at my school. Theyre both really nice.
    Snake Creek Mafia
    2012 Elite Answer
    TRU-BALL shooting staff Bernies Control Freak Staff
    Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.