You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: handle release

Default handle release

So I decided to purchase a handle release today and go to my local 3d range.
    what a huge mistake on my part! I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I suppose my anchor point was different or something.any way I went back to my trusty strap and viola! 10's and 12's for the rest of the day.Time for a return trip to the store for a full refund!Although I think that the handles are more accurate for some,In my case if it aint broke......well,just wanted to share my experience with ya'll.
    Good shooting everyone!!!

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

I've found you have to get used to each release, and the bow should be set up using that release. I've had impact changes from switching from one strap release to another and both were the same brand.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

When you get a new release you sure have to go to " zero " and start the total setup for the bow. going from one to another release sure does not work for me. I have a winn c-10 release that works very well , but if I put it on my stop bow that I have used a handle release I will be about 14 inches low at 35 yards. Why, the way the release fits and how I have my head position changes...How stupid we all can be, I had a single pin sight on a bow and wanted to change it to a 4 pin sight, I went into the tackle draw and picked a 4 pin sight on the bow and went to 325 yards to shoot a arrow and to see if I might need to fine tune as it was a year or more since it was on that bow. Well the arrow went about 20 inches over the target face and has never been seen again. Then I remembered I had it on my grandson bow last summer till be got his new birthday sight...when you make changes stay close to the target to see how the changes will impact the arrow...

Default Handle release

Quote Originally Posted by venisonvillain View Post
    So I decided to purchase a handle release today and go to my local 3d range.
    what a huge mistake on my part! I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I suppose my anchor point was different or something.any way I went back to my trusty strap and viola! 10's and 12's for the rest of the day.Time for a return trip to the store for a full refund!Although I think that the handles are more accurate for some,In my case if it aint broke......well,just wanted to share my experience with ya'll.
    Good shooting everyone!!!
    You certianly got to learn to shoot like Back Tension and not think about the release. Takes some getting use too.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default back tension

Ive never even tried a back tension.Ive actually thought of trying one soon.
    ill be getting my new z7 in a couple of weeks and since im starting over new i may just give it a try.Are they good to use for hunting?Or just comp?