You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Trykon XL-Vectrix XL

I was thinking, If the new Vectrix is soo much like the Trykon but smoother, Why could'nt I order cams and strings and put them on my Trykon? I am now letting this Idea consume all of my thoughts since I can not call HOYT and ask them myself since its Thanksgiving.
    Man this is going to be killing me not knowing if its do able. I mentioned it to my wife and she just sighed and rolled her eyes. The thought that she might not care rolled into my head but then reality struck..............How could she not care right But anyway just wanted to throw that out there, now I am gonna be wondering and probably severley let down when I finally do talk to HOYT
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I mentioned it to my wife and she just sighed and rolled her eyes. The thought that she might not care rolled into my head but then reality struck..............How could she not care right
    That's because this isn't important... Now if you were trying to decide What Color?? to buy that's important...

Get your priorities straight man!

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I was thinking, If the new Vectrix is soo much like the Trykon but smoother, Why could'nt I order cams and strings and put them on my Trykon? I am now letting this Idea consume all of my thoughts since I can not call HOYT and ask them myself since its Thanksgiving.
    Man this is going to be killing me not knowing if its do able. I mentioned it to my wife and she just sighed and rolled her eyes. The thought that she might not care rolled into my head but then reality struck..............How could she not care right But anyway just wanted to throw that out there, now I am gonna be wondering and probably severley let down when I finally do talk to HOYT
    there was the exact same question on AT and there is something about when you do this the draw weight is different??? I dont understand why but they were deffinatley talking about it.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I thought the same thing. According to my bow shop and personal friend which is the owner says that the riser is different and it won't work. I think I would still like to find out for sure because I really don't like the cams on my trykon and the cams on the vectrix are supposed to be alot smoother.

i think i will have a vulcan, that puppy spits out an arrow. don't let the brace scare you, if you screw up the shot 1 or 1 1/2 in. anit going to matter..

the only Rif Raf that likes the vulcan....

Well I am going to call Tech support today and find out straight from them. Not that I don't believe you guys its just that I am very hard headed and would like to hear from the manufacturer why it won't work. Now, if it won't work then they really messed up because they would have alot of happy shooters if they would make them compatable. Has anyone seen Ebay lately? If you type in Hoyt bows you will see the pages flooded with Trykons. Its not that I don't like my Trykon XL, its just that they come out with a new bow that is damn near the same thing with smoother cams.....I think that it would be a much better bow with smoother cams and a whole lot cheaper than buying a new one.............I guess I am just rambling now because I am afraid my big idea I thought I had might not be able to become a reality
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Do you reckon that it would make it a tryvect? God Bless Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Do you reckon that it would make it a tryvect? God Bless Holy Smokes
    All I know is it would definately make it smoother to draw. That Vectrix is very sweet. I hope things work out well for you Radar.

"HONDA"

Well I have talked to two shop owners and they both said that the Vector cam will work on a Trykon. I held a Vectix up to a Trykon yesterday and they are damn near Identical except for a couple little areas on the back of the riser that is more for decoration if you ask me. Now the problem, until Hoyt gets caught up on back order stuff they will not be letting any cams go until there needs are met.....................Which means I might be waiting a while. Thats fine, I have lived without them so far and I still really like my Trykon XL. It is just the fact that I can take something that I love to shoot and make it just a little sweeter. I shot a Vectrix XL yesterday well if you count 2 arrows as shooting. After the first arrow I knew that it may have been the dumbest thing I have done in a while. Had the same feel as my Trykon that I love, it feels good in my hand holds really well. It is just that drawing it and after the shot was just so much better IMO. I knew that if I kept shooting it I would be in the dog house because I would be annoying my wife (more than usual) because I would want one to bad
    Love dem hoyts!!!!