You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Whats up with Hoyt? No Cuz anymore!

Anyone know why this has happened?

Wonder who will pick him up?

No picture or articles on the Hoyt websight.
    DN
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I dont know...wow thats really weird. I really wanna know now.
    Stage 1 Pro Staff, Fire Nock Pro Staff
    Staff shooter: B-stinger, Pathfinder Arrow Wraps,Custom archery supply, SouthShore Archey supply,BoCoMo Fat Slings,TRU Ball Staff, Shoot like a Girl shooting staff
    www.archerygirl.com [/SIZE]

Mike "Javi" Cooper

Will be interesting to see who he ends up with, what are the odds he joins the evil empire (and no I don't mean AT )?

You were claiming that you knew what happened over on AT....which is it??

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Anyone know why this has happened?

Wonder who will pick him up?

No picture or articles on the Hoyt websight.
    DN

Default Claiming

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Meadows View Post
    You were claiming that you knew what happened over on AT....which is it??
    I know for a fact Hoyt has him no longer on staff websight.

All else is just talk. I wont post unless I know the facts. It wouldnt be right for me or others. Your talking about a mans livelyhood.

Hoyt can put a press release if they want. Wont surprise me if just a temp thing and he back on staff eventually.
    DB
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 06-07-2010 at 09:14 AM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

IMHO

Until all the facts are out and rulings made... it would be best for archery that everyone refrain from speculation.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    IMHO

Until all the facts are out and rulings made... it would be best for archery that everyone refrain from speculation.
    When did this happen
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

IMHO

+1 on that one

Since what Cuz or any other Pro does has no direct effect on my life it doesn't matter what bow they shoot or what staffs they are on. I am quite certain that they feel the same way about me.

I dont think he will be on any staff for a while

Quote Originally Posted by foamkiller View Post
    Since what Cuz or any other Pro does has no direct effect on my life it doesn't matter what bow they shoot or what staffs they are on. I am quite certain that they feel the same way about me.
    Couldn't the same be said about Tiger Woods sex life, Brett Favre's retirement, or how many kids Madonna adopts???

Sometimes we forget public figures are real people. It's just the way the world is. Right or wrong we all have heros and villians that we follow and observe.

With the way the world is connected and the speed at which information travels being any kind of public figure carries a price. Everyone is always watching and listening.

When a high-profile relationship like Hoyt and Cousins disolves it is just like a celebrity divorce. Sure it is not truly anyone else's business, but the "fans" want to know.

The best thing for both of the two parties would have been for a public statement release. I am sure it would be the generic "Dave has chosen to pursue other opportunities...." but at least the fan/customer base would have less to speculate on.

IMHO

I agree with Javi.

There were several guys on the other forum who were putting Dave down, but the one time I personally met him (a little over a week ago) he was very friendly and helpful.

Whoever picks him up will be getting an excellent archer.

Being a factory sponsored pro archer isn't a particularly stable job. Many of the top names have changed manufacturers in the very few years that I've been paying attention to it. Some voluntary, some not.

the Wildes and GRIV - Martin to Hoyt
    the Ragsdales - PSE to out of professional competiton
    John Dudley Mathews to Hoyt
    Michael Braden - Hoyt to Mathews (?) to PSE
    Ditmar Trillus - Mathews to PSE
    Chance & Eric Griggs - ?? to PSE
    Braden G. - Hoyt to Mathews
    Dave Cousins - Hoyt to ??????
    Several others I can't think of right now.

I wish Dave well.

Allen

I know its all hear say and what ever.... But I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt checking his options.... Everyone after a long period of time look to see whats out there.... Most top winning pro's will bounce around to try other manufacturers equipment..... And if theres money disputes over new contracts. Theres a million and one reasons. But, no one will no for sure until he announces. Which Dave being the stand up guy he is. I'm sure he will be the first one to come out and say if there's a change coming up !
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

and Griggs isnt with PSE anymore.. He's with Hoyt now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I agree with Javi.

There were several guys on the other forum who were putting Dave down, but the one time I personally met him (a little over a week ago) he was very friendly and helpful.

Whoever picks him up will be getting an excellent archer.

Being a factory sponsored pro archer isn't a particularly stable job. Many of the top names have changed manufacturers in the very few years that I've been paying attention to it. Some voluntary, some not.

the Wildes and GRIV - Martin to Hoyt
    the Ragsdales - PSE to out of professional competiton
    John Dudley Mathews to Hoyt
    Michael Braden - Hoyt to Mathews (?) to PSE
    Ditmar Trillus - Mathews to PSE
    Chance & Eric Griggs - ?? to PSE
    Braden G. - Hoyt to Mathews
    Dave Cousins - Hoyt to ??????
    Several others I can't think of right now.

I wish Dave well.

Allen
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Default Big difference here

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    I know its all hear say and what ever.... But I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt checking his options.... Everyone after a long period of time look to see whats out there.... Most top winning pro's will bounce around to try other manufacturers equipment..... And if theres money disputes over new contracts. Theres a million and one reasons. But, no one will no for sure until he announces. Which Dave being the stand up guy he is. I'm sure he will be the first one to come out and say if there's a change coming up !
    I assure you this alot different from those other guys that made a move. I hope Hoyt makes an annoucement.
    DB

as long as its not personal due to health or family issue's. Hope thats not the case !!!!
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Default Cuz

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    as long as its not personal due to health or family issue's. Hope thats not the case !!!!
    Just bad choices on his part and no one else.
    DB

OK guys, you know what happens when you assume (ass-u-me)LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just got done reading the thread on AT about this. For some reason everyone thinks this has to be top secret......sound like the guy had a fit and got kick off a course...........who cares? If you haven't had the urge to wrap your bow around a tree then your not trying very hard.

Dave can still flat out shoot and I'll go out of my way to watch him shoot no matter what bow he has in his hand.