You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: 29mm or 35mm?

Default 29mm or 35mm?

I am looking at a sure-loc Black Eagle Scope and it comes in a 29 or 35mm. I am going to be shooting a good bit of target and a little bit of 3D..... Could someone help me???

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowSlinger34 View Post
    I am looking at a sure-loc Black Eagle Scope and it comes in a 29 or 35mm. I am going to be shooting a good bit of target and a little bit of 3D..... Could someone help me???
    in this case bigger is better
    more light gathered
    also a lighted site is reccommended
    it is an add on

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Holy Smokes is right. If you are going to be shooting target and 3D using the same sight a bigger one is better. Target isnt a big deal but with 3d you will have targets in dark places or all black targets, this is where the bigger scope comes into play because you can see more area and light.

Thanks for the help!

Ok hold on if I have a 29mm scope with monster holes in it than wouldn't I be able to get away with the smaller one? 29mm or 35mm? - Beginners Archery Range 29mm or 35mm? - Beginners Archery Range
    Last edited by ArrowSlinger34; 06-11-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Its not as much on the lighting as it is the field of view, at least with 3d. On a 3d target the more of the target you can see it helps out to know your holding in the right spot. In a dark area on a black bear, hog or any dark target if you have a smalll dia. scope the field of view is small, so you might not be able to make out or even see a leg or head to be sure where your holding without really moving the pin way off the target.

Another thing is the smaller the scope housing the smaller the peep sight hole will be. lighting will also be a problem in the woods with a small hole in the peep.