You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Drenalin

Default Drenalin

well, stopped by the bow shop tonight and guess what the new lack luster D, had a arrow rest on it and I got to shoot it......

Drenalin.....CX edge 350....mathews drop away.....

first impression on the first arrow.....does humm sound right as a feeling???

thats what I felt a humm.....not a vibration, but a slight resonence......

so I decided a few more shots were in order.....

shot it a few times.....asked the boss where the spare STS and enhancer were....First installed the enhancer and shot a few arrows.....not much difference.....installed the STS (original style)......what a difference....every bow feels better w/an STS......I dont care if its a BT a M a H a PSE a MARTIN.....IT WILL FEEL BETTER W/AN STS

Hoyt really used their heads this year....every bow should be made w/a built in STS.....it should be standard like a riser and limbs....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Yep the one I shot had the same humm. I think the built in STS was a great idea. I also think STSMAN should get a little for each one they put on them.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Yep the one I shot had the same humm. I think the built in STS was a great idea. I also think STSMAN should get a little for each one they put on them.
    maybe he does......

Hoyt really used their heads this year....every bow should be made w/a built in STS.....it should be standard like a riser and limbs....
    I bet in the next couple of years they will be like a standard item. The one on the Hoyts looks good and it is almost the same spot as where I put it on my Trykon XL. I don't have it mounted off of the front of the riser, there is a hole in the side of the riser that is the perfect tap drill size for a 5/16-24 tap..........So I tapped it, drilled a new hole in the mounting block, and cut the excess off of the mounting block and waalaa. side mounted STS. don't think hoyt would really approve of it but who cares. If they want to be a bunch of jerks about the warranty so be it. The hole was already there so obviously it was there for something.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Sorry I guess I am getting alittle more off topic than you guys. I just thought I would attach pics
    Attachment 803

Attachment 804
    Last edited by Radar; 12-10-2006 at 07:31 AM.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I bet in the next couple of years they will be like a standard item. The one on the Hoyts looks good and it is almost the same spot as where I put it on my Trykon XL. I don't have it mounted off of the front of the riser, there is a hole in the side of the riser that is the perfect tap drill size for a 5/16-24 tap..........So I tapped it, drilled a new hole in the mounting block, and cut the excess off of the mounting block and waalaa. side mounted STS. don't think hoyt would really approve of it but who cares. If they want to be a bunch of jerks about the warranty so be it. The hole was already there so obviously it was there for something.
    WOW....Radar those pics look great. I agree the hole was there for something you simply put it to a good use. Also have you heard that STS is coming out with something new this year for the older Hoyt bows?? Do ya mind if I keep those pics for a friend he would love doing that??

"HONDA"

Ya go on ahead there Hoosier, like I said though I don't know if Hoyt would get wierd about the warranty so modify at your own risk I only used the button head torx bolt because it was the only button head 5/16 I could find. Now that I think about it I can't remember if I did tap that with fine or with a coarse thread. Regardless they will both work (5/16-24 or 5/16-18) The only thing is with a fine thread you get more threads per inch but they are not cut as deep as a coarse thread is. Ya I was reading the post about all the new stuff coming out but I must have skipped past the one about older bows, so what's goin on
    Last edited by Radar; 11-25-2006 at 08:12 AM.

And if you look real close on the one picture you can see the bottom of a......oh what's that.......its a WB!

The Trykon is a very good bow, but is noisey as all heck. The STS string silencer is a great idea. I may have to put one on my Trykon to get that string slap noise to disappear. I like how Hoyt fixed this problem with the Vectrix, but the additional mark up on the new model is just too expensive to me. Its all about money, money, and more money for these bow companies. For the money they want for a new stripped bow, I can get a real nice Savage bolt-action, Scope, sling and soft case. The prices for new bows is getting out of control in my opinion.

Take Care and God Bless!

Ed
    "I don't go to church much, but I see the beauty of God everytime I walk in the woods".

-E Duffy Sr.
    (1946-1993)

Bowtech Guardian (29" DL, 63 lbs.)
    Bows Owned:
    Mathews Switchback/Switchback XT
    Hoyt Trykon/Vulcan

Site Guru

So what you are saying Bowman is that if your going to drop 750 on a bow you may as well just tack an extra 50 on for an STS right out of the box?

Sounds like a deal!
    No I'm not dead

I have never and will never pay more than 7bills for a bow......I will wait till someone has a used one for sale if bows get that bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    And if you look real close on the one picture you can see the bottom of a......oh what's that.......its a WB!
    I thought maybe it was but was'nt going to mention that. A certain person it doing very well on the "DO NOT BASH THE WB WAGON" I'd hate to see him fall off now.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I thought maybe it was but was'nt going to mention that. A certain person it doing very well on the "DO NOT BASH THE WB WAGON" I'd hate to see him fall off now.
    I dont drink enough to fall off the wagon and besides if I was to drink that much do you think I could figure out how to turn on the comptuter......