You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: help question

Default help question

I am currently stationed in iraq and have a question about my bow. I have herd different things and just need a for sure answer. Do I need to in so many words winterize my bow or what should I do as far as storage. I will be going home for 2 weeks and want to take care of that if needed. My bow is a prize possetion of mine and want to take care of it as needed. If some one could replie it would be much appreciated. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahunter28 View Post
    I am currently stationed in iraq and have a question about my bow. I have herd different things and just need a for sure answer. Do I need to in so many words winterize my bow or what should I do as far as storage. I will be going home for 2 weeks and want to take care of that if needed. My bow is a prize possetion of mine and want to take care of it as needed. If some one could replie it would be much appreciated. Thank you
    thank you first of all for becoming a member here.....I dont do to much special to my bow for the winter as I continue to shoot them all year long...
    I cut things up and split them down!

I would turn the weight down, wax the crap out of the string and store it in your room on basement. Don't put it in the garage or attic.

You don't say how long you will be away from your bow so this advice is assuming it will be 6-12 months or longer that the bow will sit.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

First off I would like to say thank you for your service to our country I have the upmost respect for you and all of our men and women who are doing such an important job. And I would like to you to the forum.

Very good advise wax is an absolute necessity for a string and cables. I also assume you have a nice case for it to be stored in. If not I would suggest you at least go to Wal-Mart and purchase a cheap hard case, but if you can afford it get a nicer one from your local proshop. Then I would suggest you just slide it under your bed at home. Good luck and welcome again to the forum.

"HONDA"

Yeah, what they said...

Also, Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

A big welcome to you our Solider Boy. Thanks for your unselfish defence of our nation and Iraq. We are much indebted to you and your fighting buddies over there "Keep up tha Scare" Gen Nathan Forrest, CSA. I usally let the poundage off my bows and also can see the advantage of greasing that string. i hang mine on a hook in my closet . now we are suppecting it is a compound bow. I' be a praying for you as I pray every day for ya'lls saftey. God Bless & Go Get EM , Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps