You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Vanes ???

Default Vanes ???

Like to know which "Vanes"you use for 3D ?I'm going to build another set of C/T arrows for 3D.Thanks Lynn

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I use Arziona vanes and have for years 2.8 lenght I have had great arrow fight with these, I wish we and all these inovations when I was younger ,I am 55 been shooting since '73'. There are several out there so here is my favorite. I use a denaturated alcoholo,sp, to clean the shafts frist. also I tag both ends down with a touch of glue. my Pappy n law taught me how ,He use to do it when they did'nt have fletchers and would hold them in place with thier hands till dry, Now that s dedication. You can also plug your shafts on both ends and float them in the tub and find which side is the heaviest , it will be on the bottom under water,mark it and use that side to put you cok feather on. matched set every shot. Hope this helps, Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Right now I'm using 3" Duravanes, but I may swith to Blazers(at least 1/2 doz) to see how I like them for this year..

I have my arrows fletched with 2" blazers. They are Gold Tip UL Pro Xcutters and I use them for both indoor and 3-D. I had quickspins on but the blazers do just as well at far less $$$$$$$
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

For 3Ding I use AAE's 2.3" on Easton Lightspeeds.

Right now its CX Maximas, and 4"aae elite plastifletch.....when target season starts it will be CX Maximas and 1.5 inch quickspins, for my Switchback.....I like the little ones what can I say...
    I cut things up and split them down!

Duravanes, I think that they are like 2"
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quick spins 1.5''
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker

At the present time I'm using the blazers. prior to switching I used the duravane 4" vane.

Radar, are you using the duravane "predator" vane? If so how do you like them? I had some that I was going to use but the wife liked the colors so I had to fletch her arrows with them. That was almost a month ago and she has not even shot them.

No they are not the predators, just regular duravanes 3D.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I use Blazers for hunting and 3D. I switched to them a year or so ago and they helped my groups. I can switch between my 100g field points and NAP Spitfire mechanicals with no bow adjusting at all and my groups don't change.

Now I don't know if that's a trait of Blazers or a trait of the Spitfires or a combination of both.

Ron

Default Bi-delta

Been shooting (4" - Jet 35) Bi-Delta Vanes for about 2 years. Can't complain and do very well for me.