You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default is this a good online shop?

Hi everybody!

I have been lurking around here for a while, I'm from Ireland.
    I was hoping you guys would be able to help me, I'm just wondering if anyone here have ever bought something from huntersfriend.com?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm waiting for a bow package from them. I wired over the money about 3 weeks ago but they say they haven't got it yet. This may very well be perfectly ok and nothing dodgy at all but the father-in-law just got done a few days ago in another internet purchase gone bad... So I just want to know if anyone has any experience with them at all.

Thanks Heaps! /Dan

Well I will start out by saying to the forum. Glad that you decided to join in our dysfuntional family I have never delt with that site but I hope everything works out for ya. So what kind of bow did you order. details man details!
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2006-Fr...ow-package.htm

Good bang for buck I hope.

going for the viper sight and the quicktune rest.

I'm a pretty small guy so it'll be set for 26" 55#

And yes, I do hope it'll work out

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

First of all did you say you wired the money? If you did wire the money did you happen to get a receipt for your transaction? If you have a receipt for the transaction showing that you wired the money to that specific company then I would say you should be fine. But wire transfers are instantainious and they should have recieved the money the same day.

Wire transfers are not what I would call the safest way to complete an online purchase. Wire transfers are very hard to track and trace. And the bad thing is that most of time there is no way to tell if the actual person you intended to receive the money was actually the one that picked it up.

Definatly for future reference I would not wire money for payment of an internet purchase.

But I do hate to see people get taken advantage of, I hope everything works out for you.

rdnkgrl

that site has been around for a long time, I think.......It should not take this long.....but you never know

I found a used bow for sale in Ireland thru another site classified section...
    sent the money thru pay-pal....and had the bow in my hands in like 8 days......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Unfortunatly they don't accept credit card payments for international customers so I didn't have too much of a choice than to wire the money.
    A wire transfer normally take around 7 business days though... (EU -> US).

I've googles around and the site has been around for ages so I don't think I'm getting ripped off but I am a bit concerned where my money might be. I will check with my bank today see if they can tell me anything at all.

cheers, D

You will have to let us know when you get it, and tell us how you like it I think you will be very happy with a Viper sight no matter what model it is. I have a Viper 4x scope on my 3D setup and love it. I bought the copper john pro III for my hunting bow and with I would have bought the viper that my friend bought 2 days after me. It seemed like a way better sight, and I am not to happy with the CJ pro III, I have already had to replace the fibers because they were not installed right
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

dodgensince74

contact them and see if they are willing to talk to you, most places that are scams will not want to answer your questions if they already got your money. I would not worry about it yet till the delivery date comes and goes, but like I said contact them. I would tell them you have a couple of buddy's that are interested in ordering from them but are waiting to see and shoot your bow, their answers should help you figure them out. Good luck.

Not many places besides hotel and airlines in the US takes foreign credit cards since not many of the payment systems can handle it. This is especially true of mass merchandisers and hard goods retailers. Doing wire transfers are not necessarily smooth either. I had experience working with a US bank, an Irish bank and a British bank setting up their common customer reporting to support the merger of those banks. What a nightmare. 3 different payment systems and working on trying to get them to act as one... And doing so while not affecting the customer(s)...

Well, anyway, I would document every time to contact them, how you contacted them, what the nature of the conversation was, their response, etc... Even though you are over a pond you can still contact the Better Business Bureau here in the US. Those folks can't wait to jump on issues of a customer not getting what they paid for, wether you're in Ireland or not.

Good luck and welcom to the forum...

Ron

Thanks for the support all,
    I meant to go to my bank today but I didn't have time so I'll have to do it tomorrow. I'm not sure if they will be able to track anything what so ever though.

But then again a transfer from one tiny bank out in the stix to another tiny bank out in the stix I suppose take its time. Then some places might take some extra time off to let all the turkey settle

Anyways, I'll see if there's anything my bank can do to check what's going on and then I'll give them a ring.

Dan

that is the place my bow came from (reflex highlander). i thought the service was great and am happy with what i recieved. hope your order works out the same way

Castaway, thanks for that!
    They do seem like a good crowd alright.

My bank is currently performing a trace, I'll get the result next week. They said they'll be able to tell me exactly what has happened so that's a relief.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Yes I was praising God for that post as well Dantastisc HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Good to hear I hope everthing will work out for ya. Heck the nights before I buy a new bow I can't even sleep. I can't imagine waiting not knowing what was going on. The best bow purchase I ever made was when I just went to the shop to get some vanes and ended up buying a bow. I did'nt have to sleep on it or nothing. Walked in said hi got my vanes shot the bow wrote a check went home and set it up. The only thing that had me wired about buying that bow was wondering if my wife was just going to mame me or flat out kill me

As someone who runs a retail and online shop, what made you choose the hunters friend package. Was it their bow setup process or price or selection?

It's always good to listen to what the consumer wants.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Chris,

Why I selected them was because of the package, a proper put together package. I have never had my own compound bow before, when I was young I used to shoot recurve for a few years, some competitions on local level.

I liked the fact that on the main page they had their top 6 selling packages, and the fact that they weren't promoting the most expensive ones in the range either.

What really sealed the deal was the thourough information explaining everything in laymans terms. Ok, I have a background in archery but I found the information really valuble.

It mighten't be the store if you're just after some random accessory but for a package I found the page really good, I really believe that the package I selected will be just right for me.

I did check cabelas and a few other places as well but the packages were not as complete and required more knowledge of what you were actually after. Granted, had I been out looking for the best price for X I probably know enough about it already and don't worry about a thourough explanation of the product.

What I was after was:
    1) Sense! - Robin Hood would be more accurate throwing stones than a beginner would be with a $2,000 bow. If you tell me that, I'll trust you.
    2) Information - Not only do you prove that you know what you are talking about but I will also be more confident in my purchase.
    3) Complete package - Don't you just hate it when you get home from the store with a brand new hi-tech gadget, tearing it out of the box to realize it didn't come with batteries? Even if such a complete package only would suit some people offer on the same page suggested items to make it complete.

That's just me, other people will feel different.

And Radar, I know what you're talking about. (and I'm lucky I ran this one by the missus first )

I am new to the archery and chose hunters friend by pricing out everything in their package against cabellas and bass pro shops as well as the local stores and they came in about 100bucks less. plus everything (sights nock rest) came mounted and paper tuned and sighted. although i had minor sight adjustments it was the best way for me to go.

Quote Originally Posted by castaway View Post
    I am new to the archery and chose hunters friend by pricing out everything in their package against cabellas and bass pro shops as well as the local stores and they came in about 100bucks less. plus everything (sights nock rest) came mounted and paper tuned and sighted. although i had minor sight adjustments it was the best way for me to go.
    did you think that they could set it up and sight it in for you.....each person holds the bow different and this causes torque issues no mater how much you try to be torque free.....and also didnt you also need to move the peep/kisser? if not than you either got real lucky or its not set up to you.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

as i said im new to this stuff so i kinda learned to shoot the way the bow came which is probably not the right way to go but i seem to be grouping pretty well so far.

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Hey there I was wondering if you ever got your bow? Any luck with your bank tracing the payment?

Just wondering

rdnkgrl