You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: finaly!!

Default finaly!!

hey guys, i finaly got my buck! yesterday down im nothern pennsylvania. gave him 2 grunts and he came right at me, my trusty model 70 .243 did it again!!hes only a 4 pointer but his rack was outside the ears, big body too! oh, and by the way, if anyone on here is also a big rifle shooter, try barnes new triple shock x-bullet, their worth every penny!!!
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!

Quote Originally Posted by diamond-vic. View Post
    hey guys, i finaly got my buck! yesterday down im nothern pennsylvania. gave him 2 grunts and he came right at me, my trusty model 70 .243 did it again!!hes only a 4 pointer but his rack was outside the ears, big body too! oh, and by the way, if anyone on here is also a big rifle shooter, try barnes new triple shock x-bullet, their worth every penny!!!
    is that a centerfire bullet or a Muzzleloader bullet?
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    is that a centerfire bullet or a Muzzleloader bullet?

Thats a centerfire bullet. Some claim that it may be a bit too small for whitetail, but is actually a very popular round. They typically come in a 80 grain and 100 grain rounds. Also make a pretty awesome varmit round, flat and fast shooting.

Good shooting Diamond-vic
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Quote Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
    Thats a centerfire bullet. Some claim that it may be a bit too small for whitetail, but is actually a very popular round. They typically come in a 80 grain and 100 grain rounds. Also make a pretty awesome varmit round, flat and fast shooting.

Good shooting Diamond-vic
    243 and 270 are real popular for whitetail...they're also a good caliber for smaller guys that can't shoulder a 308 or 30-06 w/o flinching

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    243 and 270 are real popular for whitetail...they're also a good caliber for smaller guys that can't shoulder a 308 or 30-06 w/o flinching
    I have that new 308 in the sps w/r3 recoil pad and i would love to get together w/you sometime and let you shoot it.....just so you can see how soft the recoil from this caliber is in this gun.....I would like to shoot it in a real magnum caliber just to see how little recoil there is in this gun......
    I cut things up and split them down!