You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default do you own or rent

where you live......??

just wondering....

if you think you own think of this......

do you pay taxes on the land??? so if you dont pay your taxes what happens to the land???? they take it away.....

so does that mean you just lease????

the other useless thread was getting too long to keep up with.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

We're all just borrowing the land from future generations....

Site Guru

I own. NE Pa (About 35 miles NE of Allentown... dunno even know what my taxes are, they are all rolled into the mortage payment... Land taxes aren't the problem anyway, its school takes that kill ya!

if your lookin for specific info PM me and I'll give ya numbers
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I own. NE Pa (About 35 miles NE of Allentown... dunno even know what my taxes are, they are all rolled into the mortage payment... Land taxes aren't the problem anyway, its school takes that kill ya!

if your lookin for specific info PM me and I'll give ya numbers
    no nothing specific just getting at how we never really own the land that we think we do......

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    no nothing specific just getting at how we never really own the land that we think we do......
    try taking it from me and I'll show you how much I own it... well how much the Bank owns it but I like the bank so I'll defend it for them
    No I'm not dead

I pay the mortgage each month, but who really owns land? The city govt, state govt or federal govt can pretty much take it from you any time they feel. I believe it's called Eminent Domain? Correct me if I'am wrong.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

I own, I think its pretty Ironic that this country was founded by a bunch of people who wanted to get away from englands clutches, and to not have to pay taxes. Now everything gets taxed all to heck! Bunch of B.S. if you ask me. I am a firm believer that if you own and you pay off you Mortgage that you should not have to pay taxes on it anymore. that will never happen though. sorry the subject gets me a little salty!!!
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Thumbs down Gov't robbers

Here! Here! Lets start a tax revolt!!!. We need to do away with property taxes period. I've already paid taxes on that money once.
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

I second that motion!!!
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I second that motion!!!
    Only twice? you guys must be on some great plan or something!

1. I got raped on taxes when I bought the house/land (closing costs). Over 11K in closing costs for a 165,500 house. I didn't have to pay any realtor fees

2. I get raped on intrest for paying the mortage (must pay at least 10K before you get any back) I pay just under 14,000 or so in intrest a year on my house... about 1300 goes torwards the principal

3. I get raped on school taxes which are insanely high to compensate for all the damn transplants moving in and building more schools. My school taxes are about 3K a year (give or take)

4. I get raped on local township taxes to pay for the roads to get me to where I need to be. We have no local police, Fire and Ambulance are voluenteer... so basically I'm paying taxes to keep the roads clear in the winter and in poor repair the rest of the year

5. I get raped on state taxes that pay for the same thing as above.

6. I get raped on Social Security to pay for the old people next door. By the time I am ready to begin collecting it will be gone... I pay more in Social Security every week then I do to Federal...

7. I get raped on Medicare even though I have and pay for my own insurance and insurance for my family.

And then I get taxed on Gas, Electricity, TV, Phone, Internet, Cell phone, heating, trash removal, home improvement...

I'm curious where you live that you only get taxed twice!
    No I'm not dead

...3. I get raped on school taxes which are insanely high to compensate for all the damn transplants moving in and building more schools. My school taxes are about 3K a year (give or take)
    Sorry...I must be a Transplant. Here's your hug , hope you don't feel like I raped ya! I would kiss ya, but I have a thing against that!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    Sorry...I must be a Transplant. Here's your hug , hope you don't feel like I raped ya! I would kiss ya, but I have a thing against that!
    If you moved here in the last 10 years you are a transplant... go home and stop ruining my state! If you've been here for more then 10 years welcome to PA!
    No I'm not dead

If you moved here in the last 10 years you are a transplant... go home and stop ruining my state! If you've been here for more then 10 years welcome to PA!
    Well - that gives me the warm and fuzzies!
    I have been here for about 3-4 years…But do please enlighten me with your thoughts because I would like to know how I contribute to higher taxes for you that you don't benefit from.

this is awsome contraversy and I stopped posting on this hours ago....

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    Well - that gives me the warm and fuzzies!
    I have been here for about 3-4 years…But do please enlighten me with your thoughts because I would like to know how I contribute to higher taxes for you that you don't benefit from.
    Increased costs in road maintenance, school construction, teachers, education expenses would be your fault!

Additional costs brought in by the transplants include (I'm not putting you in this list) - Drug problems, gangs, increased criminal activity, massive increases in welfare, HUD, Access/food stamps, medicare, general cost of living

and that doesn't mention the massive land destruction, housing issues
    No I'm not dead

Increased costs in road maintenance, school construction, teachers, education expenses would be your fault!

Additional costs brought in by the transplants include (I'm not putting you in this list) - Drug problems, gangs, increased criminal activity, massive increases in welfare, HUD, Access/food stamps, medicare, general cost of living

and how about less places to hunt ....I cant beleive you forgot that one....get him........

C'mon Dredly... tell us how you really feel...you don't have to hold back here, we're all friends....

hey you no I moved to a town called Samsonville and lived there for a few years and there you were either an implant or ******......so maybe thats what your really haveing a probalem w/??????

WOW!!! – Sounds like someone didn’t get enough hugs when they were growing up!

You almost had me, but you lost me at "your fault". Think about how ignorant that sounds -- and I thought you were a smart one?
    I will address your first point since your second one has nothing to do with me.
    What you are describing are growing pains for a state. Bringing in more monies to a township to better its schools is a good thing? If the economy is growing and it brings jobs to a state its wrong? So you don't benefit from anything that I do or pay into this state? Money that enters a state eventually enters into our nation's economy. What enters the nation's economy will effect your job. Where one state may have a deficit another may have growth which effects all of us. So what I am hearing is that money going into the economy is good, but as long as you don't feel or see the effects it has in your backyard.

Your third point:
    I can not agree with you more that the effects that urbanization has and as Bowman stated the depletion of good hunting grounds. But I am not sure how I contributed to that since I bought an older home that was built about 15 years ago. And since it is past your 10-year baseline – must be grandfathered in with this rule.

Truthfully, I do understand where you are coming from. But you can not blame all transplants from out of state as the one ruining your lifestyle or increasing your taxes. Some of us do more than some of the locals that have lived there to preserve what’s currently there.

We are all getting raped by the government daily. They sit around all day(which for them is about what?? 4 hours) trying to figure out ways to get more taxes and line their own pockets.

"HONDA"