You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Super Rookie Shooter and New Here.

Hello, all.

Just wanted to drop a line and say hello.

Like the title says, I'm a Rookie Shooter. I'm 36, from NH and I just started shooting. I got a free, old Bear compound from my buddy (I don't even know the model), started shooting it without even any sights or a rest and I was instantly hooked, hell obsessed! I got a cheap Apex sight and a Trophy Ridge whisker biscuit rest on it and I'm actually getting decent groupings at 20 yards on 3d deer (which is fine by me since I'm not really planning on taking a deer beyond that distance and not too bad IMO considering the bow is not even set up for me perfectly as the draw length is too long and can't be shortened). I am planning on a new PSE Brute and eventually a nice Longbow down the road since I am really into Instictive shooting too.

Anywayz, I'm planning on going to my first 3d course this weekend and I am wicked excited. I probably will not be shooting beyond the nearest stake as this is my first time shooting at an actual course, but I don't care -- just wanna have fun and slay foam animals!

Well, sorry for the rant and I look forward to hanging out here a lot and learning from all the shooters here.

Thanks!

great have fun with it the wife and i started shooting about 4 years ago when i was the same age as you and like you i can't get enough of it its all i want to do my drug of choice you could say just one thing though don't get cought up in all the bow loyalty crap just find one you like and shoot it everyone will tell you there bow is better they all make a good bow nowdays buy what you like and shoot the sh!t out of it take care and have fun brother

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by shark3 View Post
    great have fun with it the wife and i started shooting about 4 years ago when i was the same age as you and like you i can't get enough of it its all i want to do my drug of choice you could say just one thing though don't get caught up in all the bow loyalty crap just find one you like and shoot it everyone will tell you there bow is better they all make a good bow nowadays buy what you like and shoot the sh!t out of it take care and have fun brother
    boy's it don't get any better
    been Bhunting since 73
    shooting tournaments since 84
    enjoy

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Thanks guys.

Yeah I love it (even though I shot pretty bad today lol).

The only problem I have now is finding another place to shoot until April!!!!

3d shoots are fun in the winter, no leaves to block your vision. My club in Brentwood NH has one on Jan 2. Most clubs have winter shoots, and can be found on the state website calendar.

Welcome to the site!
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

Archery field tester

Hello, and welcome to this site, post often.