You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Now thats some crazy Crap. Never seen anything like that before with a deer.

Quote Originally Posted by jame View Post
    Now thats some crazy Crap. Never seen anything like that before with a deer.

Tastes like Chicken.

What's the difference, Bait or not we almost always shoot deer over food.

Seriously, how many of us will bitch about people bating and then go set up on the edge of a corn or soy field or hang a stand in an oak tree. In all reality we either get them because they are hungry or horny and given that they eat almost everything in there habitat if he wasn't after a doe then he was shot over food.
    Just my 2 cents.

Well then I guess all deer just need to be destroyed cause Blue Tongue is caused by deer eating around where another deer passed there waiste or where drink water in an area that a deer has urinated around and the urine has gotten in the water.
    The Chances of cwd or Blue tongue epedimic breaking out cause of feeders is about like you winning the lottery. Feeding the deer is a GREAT WAY TO HAVE A HEALTHY HERD.

Do you hunt Oak trees or field that farmers plant for harvest? Thats pretty much the same thing. I guess we need to destroy all the Oak trees so CWD doesnt spread.
    the great state of michigan disagrees with you. Of course we had people baiting by the truck load, carrots, corn, sugar beats, piles as high as they could stack them.

Nice bucks ya got their,good shooters...........
    2010 PSE AXE 7

Well then I guess all deer just need to be destroyed cause Blue Tongue is caused by deer eating around where another deer passed there waiste or where drink water in an area that a deer has urinated around and the urine has gotten in the water.
    The Chances of cwd or Blue tongue epedimic breaking out cause of feeders is about like you winning the lottery. Feeding the deer is a GREAT WAY TO HAVE A HEALTHY HERD.

Do you hunt Oak trees or field that farmers plant for harvest? Thats pretty much the same thing. I guess we need to destroy all the Oak trees so CWD doesnt spread.
    Well, as I have never and will never play the lottery and CWD and Blue tounge acctually exists.....

I think its more than a MILLION times more likely that what you have said is "unlikely"....will/can happen....

Now where is my smiley?
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    Well, as I have never and will never play the lottery and CWD and Blue tounge acctually exists.....

I think its more than a MILLION times more likely that what you have said is "unlikely"....will/can happen....

Now where is my smiley?
    Im not saying it cant happen but its definatly not gonna happen cause more deer are eating at a feeder. Most of the time it is caused from to many deer per acre. Not because of feeder use. In all honesty if that was the reason then Ok would hear about it all over and our cows would have it. We feed tons out of troughs to cows. Like I said before a feeder is no different than a loaded White Oak tree IMO.
    I have nothing against people hunting over feeders and as of right now I dont plan on hunting over one. We just dont have the big buck activity around them. It does keep does and yearlings in the area which is good. Each to there own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    the great state of michigan disagrees with you. Of course we had people baiting by the truck load, carrots, corn, sugar beats, piles as high as they could stack them.
    What do they disagree with?

Tx being one of the greatest managed and success stories in whitetail management and is probably more corn used in that state and the deer flock to the feeders more so there then any other state due to the lack of acorns and other great browse. This has been going on very prominent for more than 30 years and they seem to be doing pretty darn good for well over four decades now. So the argument for CWD and Blue tongue is pretty crazy. The only places in TX were CWD was thought to break out was in a enclosure where they had way to many deer and elk for the land and had no grass, just a bad guy managing it was not due to feeding, like Jame said it was due to overpopulation and mother nature will get ugly if the land gets to stressed. So if legal then by all means hunt it like you want to.

nice lookin deer and personally i dont bait but hey do what you gotta do at least your huntin

Hmm... maybe a different one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

good gracious!! Look at all the bucks Jimmy!!! If I say pretty please can I come hunt with you???

Pretty PLEASE??? lol
    Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

What do they disagree with?

Michigan banned feeding deer because it was said to spread CWD, which we've had a few cases of in the last few years.

Now it's illegal to feed just about any and everything, they even wrote a ticket to a guy for his bird feeder.

Those are some good looking deer.

do you have any pictures of deer that have shed their velvet yet?

Quote Originally Posted by killbambidead View Post
    do you have any pictures of deer that have shed their velvet yet?

Not yet, but found a rub yesterday, that indicates they are about done with velvet.

1.jpg