You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Man Hoosier that sucks, I could see how that could be tramatizing I fell through some Ice once to but it was only a foot deep creek. By the way dogs are a little more nimble on there feet too
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I really need to go to work right now remind me later to tell you about the day I fell in the creek thru the ice.....beyond scary I tell you......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Yeah, you have to be careful.
    I always tell people where I am going to fish and if I move to a different pond I call somebody and tell them. I do try and fish with someone else though.

And it's more fun having company out there with you.

It's kind of weird having to keep beer in a cooler to prevent it from freezing as opposed to keeping it cold. Weird concept when you think about it.

I have a set of spiked hand grips around my neck. In case I break through I can pull myself out by using those grips. That never happened but you can't be too careful. I also have a survival whistle on the same lanyard.

Shotgunners out this weekend. Moved a couple of our stands yesterday. I think the temp hit 35. But by 10:00 last night the temp was like 15. It's supposed to only be 22 today and 6 tonight. We'll have ice to walk on a just a few days if the weather stays like that.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Yeah, you have to be careful.
    I always tell people where I am going to fish and if I move to a different pond I call somebody and tell them. I do try and fish with someone else though.

And it's more fun having company out there with you.

It's kind of weird having to keep beer in a cooler to prevent it from freezing as opposed to keeping it cold. Weird concept when you think about it.

I have a set of spiked hand grips around my neck. In case I break through I can pull myself out by using those grips. That never happened but you can't be too careful. I also have a survival whistle on the same lanyard.

Shotgunners out this weekend. Moved a couple of our stands yesterday. I think the temp hit 35. But by 10:00 last night the temp was like 15. It's supposed to only be 22 today and 6 tonight. We'll have ice to walk on a just a few days if the weather stays like that.

Ron
    what do you consider safe to walk on....we like 4 inches and you stay spaced out....6-8 inches and solid to the sides...we take the atvs....over 12 we drive vehicles.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    what do you consider safe to walk on....we like 4 inches and you stay spaced out....6-8 inches and solid to the sides...we take the atvs....over 12 we drive vehicles.....
    Same for me except I go with 3" and stay spaced out. 6-8 pretty much anything including sleds and atv's, 12 or more I drive my Jeep out there. I also stay away from river fishing since the currents are totally unpredictable so you never know when you are going to go from 8 inches to 1-1/2 inches... There is a harbor in Andalusia off the Mississippi river that has no current and it's a sweet crappie spot in the Winter. It's supposed to be really cold every night this week so I might ditch the bow one day this coming weekend and see what I can get through the ice. I have not been out there since the snow came last Thu/Fri. It's been cold enough that there just might be 3" or more ice... We'll see.

Ron