You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default 5 Spot vs Single Spot

    Ok what is going on here I can shoot a single spot and slap arrows in the 5 ring all day but when I go to the 5 spot I put arrows everywhere. I was shooting a 5 spot the other day and completely missed the target. Is this possibly due to a lack of concentration or could it just be a mental flaw(no smart a$$ comments here please). I am getting very frustrated. HELP


    "HONDA"

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,891

    Default

    used to happen to me all the time......then I switched to a five spot all the time....no more worries.....


    the problem is you....not your equipment.....maybe someone moved your magnets???

    When you are shooting at a five spot the 0 factor is not there.....

    the 0 (zero) factor is......when shooting at a five spot you have alot less room for error....meaning if you are off by a little ona single you still get a 4 or maybe a 3 ......but if your off on a five spot by that same amount you looking at 0
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    It's got to be mental...no offense intended...you must be getting distracted...are you seeing spots sorry couldn't help it.


  4. #4
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    It's got to be mental...no offense intended...you must be getting distracted...are you seeing spots sorry couldn't help it.
    thats funny right there,.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  5. #5
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    used to happen to me all the time......then I switched to a five spot all the time....no more worries.....


    the problem is you....not your equipment.....maybe someone moved your magnets???

    When you are shooting at a five spot the 0 factor is not there.....

    the 0 (zero) factor is......when shooting at a five spot you have alot less room for error....meaning if you are off by a little ona single you still get a 4 or maybe a 3 ......but if your off on a five spot by that same amount you looking at 0
    So then I should continue to shoot the 5 spot and wait for things to improve??? Thanks buddy for the insight.


    "HONDA"

  6. #6
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    So then I should continue to shoot the 5 spot and wait for things to improve??? Thanks buddy for the insight.
    dont wait too long indoor season might be over before things improve for a guy w/ your skills..... j/k
    I cut things up and split them down!

  7. #7
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    It's got to be mental...no offense intended...you must be getting distracted...are you seeing spots sorry couldn't help it.
    Oh gee..............that is so funny. YES I AM SEEING SPOTS. Thanks for all the help. J/K I knew I left the door wide open for that.


    "HONDA"

  8. #8
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Oh gee..............that is so funny. YES I AM SEEING SPOTS. Thanks for all the help. J/K I knew I left the door wide open for that.
    you didnt think that was funny???? then you need to leave......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  9. #9
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    you didnt think that was funny???? then you need to leave......
    No way can you get rid of me. I like hanging out with all the other RIF RAF.


    "HONDA"

  10. #10
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    No way can you get rid of me. I like hanging out with all the other RIF RAF.
    yeah you found somplace to fit in....maybe Chris will let us make a RIFRAFVILLE.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  11. #11
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    yeah you found somplace to fit in....maybe Chris will let us make a RIFRAFVILLE.....
    I'm runnin for mayor. Or maybe Sheriff????????


    "HONDA"

  12. #12
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I'm runnin for mayor. Or maybe Sheriff????????
    you.....sheriff....I think not....

    you would have to go thru some serious tests to become sheriff.....

    do you like coffee? dougnuts?.....extra dipping glaze???
    I cut things up and split them down!

  13. #13
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    yeah you found somplace to fit in....maybe Chris will let us make a RIFRAFVILLE.....
    That would be cool...Then Dredly could buy a vacation home there...


  14. #14
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I'm runnin for mayor. Or maybe Sheriff????????
    Can I be your Deputy???


  15. #15
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Can I be your Deputy???
    deputy dog......

    dredly wants a vacation home???probably in NYC???
    I cut things up and split them down!

  16. #16
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Can I be your Deputy???
    You sure can and your first order of business is to find some charge we can pin on Bowman to get him ran out of town.


    "HONDA"

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    99

    Default Mental issue

    Actually this is a mental issue, another person is having the same problem. He can sink arrows all day long in the single spot but when he starts shooting multiple spots he is all over and also misses the target. I would suggest that you go back to basics shooting multiple spots start with shooting at 10yrds. as you start sinking arrows were you want them step back to 15yrs and continue to shoot and so on(same thing as blank bale shooting IMO). You just have to overcome the mental barrier of shooting a different target. I hope this helps good luck.

  18. #18
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    You sure can and your first order of business is to find some charge we can pin on Bowman to get him ran out of town.
    First we need to figure out what is a punishable offense...Like blaitent threadjacking...
    In the FIRST DEGREE!!


  19. #19
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Actually this is a mental issue, another person is having the same problem. He can sink arrows all day long in the single spot but when he starts shooting multiple spots he is all over and also misses the target. I would suggest that you go back to basics shooting multiple spots start with shooting at 10yrds. as you start sinking arrows were you want them step back to 15yrs and continue to shoot and so on(same thing as blank bale shooting IMO). You just have to overcome the mental barrier of shooting a different target. I hope this helps good luck.
    Thanks Frank I have been doing some 10 yard drills and alot of blank baling to try and relax and just feel the shot. I guess its kinda like when I had TP just gonna take some time to fix.


    "HONDA"

  20. #20

    Default

    its all in your head, right between your ears........your afraid that you'll miss .

    1 arrow at a time in the middle .............don't make me give you a

Similar Threads

  1. Spot Hog
    By ridgewalker243 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 06:07 PM
  2. First 5 spot shoot
    By Ohioarcher in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 06:54 PM
  3. Which bow best for Spot/3-D
    By swintj1 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 10:17 PM
  4. Hey Spot shooters-need help?
    By beenfarr in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 06:11 AM
  5. Five-Spot
    By BowTech81 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-07-2006, 05:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •