You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A couple years ago I had the same problem. I just kept on shooting them, cause singles where tearing up my arrows. I have kinda trained myself to concentrate on the X and nothing else, I am not worried about hitting anything else but that X......Well sometimes I don't hit that X. But I am also not worried about missing the target either. because if I do everything right the arrow will be there. It is just a little mental issue I have with myself. A guy I used to work with told me to try to look at how many X's I have missed not how many fives. and it has helped. I have not shot a 300 yet I am real big on the 299's. so I still have some mental rearrangement to do also.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    . I have not shot a 300 yet I am real big on the 299's. so I still have some mental rearrangement to do also.
    let me guess it comes down to that last arrow???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    let me guess it comes down to that last arrow???

Sometimes I can be such a HEAD CASE!
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Sometimes I can be such a HEAD CASE!
    most of my 299's are from the last arrow in the first half or the last arrow in the second half......when i used to shot single spot....I would get tighter and tighter groups all night long untill the last couple of rounds the groups were so tight I would deflect off and out of the five completly.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

I was having the same problem this week. I decided to shoot this little indoor league just to get my feet wet. I mean I just started shooting in July of this year and I wanted to try a small league just to see how things work and such. Anyway they give you the option of shooting a single or a five spot. I noticed that the majority of people shoot a five spot, so I decided I would try my hand at that too. I will tell you what, I sucked! Normally I can hit the same spot all day, but shooting the five killed me. On average if I shoot a five my score is around 265 if I shoot a single I am closer to 285. Thats a huge difference. (Now all you boys that shoot 290 and up dont laugh at me..I am still kinda new to this stuff)
    Anyway shooting such a sucky score on the five spot I thought I would go ahead and practice on a single just to see if I shot any better.. I'll be damned if I didnt split my arrow. I can keep a really tight group on a single spot all day, but when I float I really stink. I guess it is just something that I will have to get used to. Anyway although I shoot better on a single I cant afford it (my third robinhood since I started shooting in July) so I will just practice harder on the five spot and take my scores as they come.
    Also I think I would likely shoot better if I had a better sight. Right now I am shooting a standard 5 pin truglo. I would love to get one of those fancy sights with a little magnafication on it! (its on my Christmas list )

Anyway makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one with this problem.
    Maybe in a year or so I will shoot a perfect 300

Rdnkgrl
    Last edited by rdnkgrl_robinhood; 12-04-2006 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    I was having the same problem this week. I decided to shoot this little indoor league just to get my feet wet. I mean I just started shooting in July of this year and I wanted to try a small league just to see how things work and such. Anyway they give you the option of shooting a single or a five spot. I noticed that the majority of people shoot a five spot, so I decided I would try my hand at that too. I will tell you what, I sucked! Normally I can hit the same spot all day, but shooting the five killed me. On average if I shoot a five my score is around 265 if I shoot a single I am closer to 285. Thats a huge difference. (Now all you boys that shoot 290 and up dont laugh at me..I am still kinda new to this stuff)
    Anyway shooting such a sucky score on the five spot I thought I would go ahead and practice on a single just to see if I shot any better.. I'll be damned if I didnt split my arrow. I can keep a really tight group on a single spot all day, but when I float I really stink. I guess it is just something that I will have to get used to. Anyway although I shoot better on a single I cant afford it (my third robinhood since I started shooting in July) so I will just practice harder on the five spot and take my scores as they come.
    Also I think I would likely shoot better if I had a better sight. Right now I am shooting a standard 5 pin truglo. I would love to get one of those fancy sights with a little magnafication on it! (its on my Christmas list )

Anyway makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one with this problem.
    Maybe in a year or so I will shoot a perfect 300

Rdnkgrl
    Well heck rdnkgrl that is a fantastic score you are shooting. Do not let others tell any different as long as you are having fun thats what matters do not take it so serious that you stop enjoying the sport. But you must always strive to improve that is also important. Be sure to let us know what Santa brings you.

"HONDA"

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Well heck rdnkgrl that is a fantastic score you are shooting. Do not let others tell any different as long as you are having fun thats what matters do not take it so serious that you stop enjoying the sport. But you must always strive to improve that is also important. Be sure to let us know what Santa brings you.
    Yeah, I dont see myself givin up any time soon. I love shooting a bow, even if all I ever shoot are those five little spots. I just wish I would have started years ago.

But I think I may have to buy a bigger Christmas stocking... I think santa will be hard pressed to fit that new Hoyt bow and the nifty new sights in the one the that I currently have hanging.

Rdnkgrl