Let me start by saying that I am a very casual 3D shooter. I use 100% hunting setup. The only thing I change when I head out to hunt is putting broadheads on. This is my second year shooting 3D, and I've been to about 7 different clubs for a total of about 15 shoots over the last couple years.

On Saturday a buddy and I made the 2 hour drive to pay $30 for the worst 3D shoot I've been to this year. I was EXTREMELY disappointed in this shoot. I certainly hope all R100's are not like this...

We shot the African side.

First of all, there was no practice range. I like to shoot 10 arrows or so before starting - ensure everything is still sighted in and loosen up a little.

The first 25 targets took us about 35-40 minutes. Probably 16 or so of those targets were shoot two targets from the same spot, same distance. All were 20 yards give or take a few, pull and return, pretty much wide open. I hit 8 on the small mosquito first shot out of the gate, and over the next 24 targets I had 17 "12's" and 7 "10's". I don't expect a world class setup, but I normally don't shoot nearly that well. It was way too easy.

The back half was more difficult, to include a side by side Rhino and Eland at about 50 yards, and a side by side Giraffe and Elephant at around 40 yards. The back half didn't have quite as many side by sides as the front, but it was a lot of moving from over 50 yards and shooting from the same path to a target at nearly the same distance as the previous one. If you misjudged the yardage on the first one by a yard or two, it was really easy to figure out the next one. Again, it wasn't as easy as the first 25, but still too easy.

Lastly, the targets were not in the greatest condition. They were fine, but I would expect much better from a shoot that has Rineharts name on it.

I understand the shoot is for fun, and to get kids involved, but there was only one stake on many of the targets. There were two stakes at the most.

Maybe I expected too much.