You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Some thoughts on some 2007 bows....

Went down to the local Gander Mountain.....shot a couple of the 2007's and also some of the left over 2006's....

used my own release and used the same arrow rest (moved it from bow to bow and adjusted for center shot) on all of them....no sights...simple nock set

here is each bow and my thought after ten arrows on each....

Browning Illusion...not sure if its a 2006-2007....I thought these bows were smooth???

Diamond Victory......2006-2007....hate the grip....sorry, a soft rubber grip has never made sense to me....I tend to adjust my bow hand when I get to full draw....this may be wrong but I do it.....you better have your hand where you want it when you draw or your stuck w/it that way ....maybe better w/wood but was not overly impressed w/the way it felt at the shot....

2006-2007 Fred Bear Element...to much hand shock...

2006-2007 Fred Bear Code.... a great shooting bow at a great price...smooth

2007 Parker Hornet 2 cam.....maybe the fastest bow I have ever shot....Loud, and vibration FULL and it has dampeners all over this thing...my poor back and shoulders....glad I shot that on last...and it helps me to remember why I like to shoot one cam bows better.....

2006-2007 Gander Mountain guide series Tec hunter (made by Bowtech)....not impressed...shoots o.k.....has some vibration....not my favorite...

they dindnt have any PSE so I couldnt shoot any of the new or old ones....darn....

and there were some others that I couldnt get a handle on....

these were the ones that stuck out the most.....

and now for the one I liked the best.....

drum roll please.......I bet your bitting your nails w/anticapation

2007 Gander Mountain guide series Tec Hunter Extreme (made by Bowtech)
    Smooth draw....Smooth on the shot....vibration free....Awsome grip.....
    made me do a double take every time I pulled through the release....

and to think you can get this bow completly set up for like $550....sells for $499 and they have a kit that includes a rest a metal tru glo site and a quiver for $50.....the bow has a built in wrist sling.....

I may need a new bow honey.....

oh and the archery tech (he is a shooting buddy of mine that has worked in pro shops for over 15 years) after we got done we were talking in his office and he reaches into a box and guess what he pulls out....a hat.... a free hat for shooting the tec hunter extreme....and its not a bad looking hat.....if only I was a hat wearer.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Went down to the local Gander Mountain.....shot a couple of the 2007's and also some of the left over 2006's....

used my own release and used the same arrow rest (moved it from bow to bow and adjusted for center shot) on all of them....no sights...simple nock set

here is each bow and my thought after ten arrows on each....

Browning Illusion...not sure if its a 2006-2007....I thought these bows were smooth???

Diamond Victory......2006-2007....hate the grip....sorry, a soft rubber grip has never made sense to me....I tend to adjust my bow hand when I get to full draw....this may be wrong but I do it.....you better have your hand where you want it when you draw or your stuck w/it that way ....maybe better w/wood but was not overly impressed w/the way it felt at the shot....

2006-2007 Fred Bear Element...to much hand shock...

2006-2007 Fred Bear Code.... a great shooting bow at a great price...smooth

2007 Parker Hornet 2 cam.....maybe the fastest bow I have ever shot....Loud, and vibration FULL and it has dampeners all over this thing...my poor back and shoulders....glad I shot that on last...and it helps me to remember why I like to shoot one cam bows better.....

2006-2007 Gander Mountain guide series Tec hunter (made by Bowtech)....not impressed...shoots o.k.....has some vibration....not my favorite...

they dindnt have any PSE so I couldnt shoot any of the new or old ones....darn....

and there were some others that I couldnt get a handle on....

these were the ones that stuck out the most.....

and now for the one I liked the best.....

drum roll please.......I bet your bitting your nails w/anticapation

2007 Gander Mountain guide series Tec Hunter Extreme (made by Bowtech)
    Smooth draw....Smooth on the shot....vibration free....Awsome grip.....
    made me do a double take every time I pulled through the release....

and to think you can get this bow completly set up for like $550....sells for $499 and they have a kit that includes a rest a metal tru glo site and a quiver for $50.....the bow has a built in wrist sling.....

I may need a new bow honey.....

oh and the archery tech (he is a shooting buddy of mine that has worked in pro shops for over 15 years) after we got done we were talking in his office and he reaches into a box and guess what he pulls out....a hat.... a free hat for shooting the tec hunter extreme....and its not a bad looking hat.....if only I was a hat wearer.....
    Wow you mean they actually set the bows up and let you shoot them. At my local GM they act like I am committing a crime when I ask to shoot one. By the way just send me the hat I'll wear it for you. Always happy to help a friend out.

"HONDA"

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Bowman ahs friends in the right places it seems. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

wow great review their!! Dont have a GM here.

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

I shoot at the same GM nearly everyday. All the boys that work in there are nice fellas. They will go out of thier way to help you out. I think thats one of the things I like about thier shop there. I have seen some of the boys that work there spend up to three hours working with one single customer and they never complain.. Very good customer service

By the way the Terre Haute Gander Mountain will be hosting a 12 week indoor league shoot that starts sometime in Jan. The cost is about $25.

Hope to see some of you guys there

rdnkgrl

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    I shoot at the same GM nearly everyday. All the boys that work in there are nice fellas. They will go out of thier way to help you out. I think thats one of the things I like about thier shop there. I have seen some of the boys that work there spend up to three hours working with one single customer and they never complain.. Very good customer service

By the way the Terre Haute Gander Mountain will be hosting a 12 week indoor league shoot that starts sometime in Jan. The cost is about $25.

Hope to see some of you guys there

rdnkgrl
    I wish TH was'nt so far away that would be nice. But they only have like 4 lanes don't they how many shooters they gonna have could take awhile. By the way they must have different guys in there since they first opened up because the one fella I talked to seemed a little busy to deal with me.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I wish TH was'nt so far away that would be nice. But they only have like 4 lanes don't they how many shooters they gonna have could take awhile. By the way they must have different guys in there since they first opened up because the one fella I talked to seemed a little busy to deal with me.
    the indoor at the local gander mountain is a honors system inddor 300, you come pay 8 bucks a week shoot and hand in your score card....shoot when ever you want....

Bowman,
    Does this mean that you are going to possibly buy A Bowtech? Now you have to wait and when the Guardian comes out you will have to shoot it and then make A decision. Thank you for an honest opinion and an unbiast report.
    Danny
    08 Constitution 50# 29"
    08 Allegiance 70#
    07 Guardian 77#
    http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=478
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Well it does have four lanes. Four can shoot side by side, but three comfortablly. You can shoot whenever you want. It really isnt a bad setup. I also heard that they are in the process of ordering new BLOCK targets for the range. (The old ones are pretty worn, I blew up a couple arrows due to target wear) Anyway they should have the new targets in place before the league starts.

As far as the boys that work there being too busy to help you out, I guess I would have to say that of course some days are busier than others. If you were there when only one of the boys was working then its possible he was having a really busy day, but I personally have never had any one of the workers act as if they were too busy to help me. Nothing but good service to report of from me anyway.

rdnkgrl

I'am holding out until at least Janurary so I can check out the new Ross Cardiac. If it is half as smooth as the Cr337 with a bit more speed it will be a heck of a setup. 33" with IBO of 322 if I remember right.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Bought my Fred Bear Code at the GM in Texarkana, TX. You're right, it's a smooth great shooting bow at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
    I'am holding out until at least Janurary so I can check out the new Ross Cardiac. If it is half as smooth as the Cr337 with a bit more speed it will be a heck of a setup. 33" with IBO of 322 if I remember right.
    have you seen any pics????or have any links.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    have you seen any pics????or have any links.....

No pictures as of yet, but the info is straight from the source. Suppose to hit the shops around the 1st week or two of Janurary. I hoping to see pictures by the end of December. Brace height is suppose to be greater than 7" and 33" A to A with about a 322 Ibo. I envision a CR334 just an inch shorter
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

ny911bowhunter

I was there the other day and played with, but did not shoot the Primos Truth.

Nice peice, but the grip, which I was really looking forward to, was too angular and uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by ny911bowhunter View Post

Nice peice, but the grip, which I was really looking forward to, was too angular and uncomfortable.
    they have the truth in Dan???? I have not been in, in a week or two.....I will have to check it out.....Was Vern there......he would have let you shoot it.....

ny911bowhunter

My little guy and I were on a whirlwind shopping trip, so no time to shoot it.

My little guy and I were on a whirlwind shopping trip, so no time to shoot it.
    I dont care if you had to hit the rest room in ten seconds or less......you suck it up for the rest of us and shoot it and let us know your thoughts.....

Good review BOWMAN. Them Bowtech's will make ya a believer man. Wait till ya shoot the Guardian. It will astonish you.

I may check them leagues out overe there RdnkGrl. It is awefully small tho. But shootin' is shootin', right?

so I stopped in GM and looked at the truth....I would have shot it had anyone been there to let me......

have to agree completly on the angular grip, it is plain uncomfortable.....

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRebel View Post
    Good review BOWMAN. Them Bowtech's will make ya a believer man. Wait till ya shoot the Guardian. It will astonish you.

I may check them leagues out overe there RdnkGrl. It is awefully small tho. But shootin' is shootin', right?
    Yeah, I shoot there all the time it's not a bad place just a little small. I think they said you could shoot there any time durring the week to place your score, it's way to small to have everyone there at once.