You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: womens bow

Default womens bow

so i took my girlfriend to a 3d shoot this weekend and she loved it so much so that she asked me to get her own bow for christmas. i was just wondering what models i should be looking for for a smaller framed person ? i think her draw is around 25 maybe and right now shes only pulling maybe 30 but shes getting alot stronger so id be lookin for something im the 40 - 50# range. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killbambidead View Post
    so i took my girlfriend to a 3d shoot this weekend and she loved it so much so that she asked me to get her own bow for christmas. i was just wondering what models i should be looking for for a smaller framed person ? i think her draw is around 25 maybe and right now shes only pulling maybe 30 but shes getting alot stronger so id be lookin for something im the 40 - 50# range. thanks
    Mathews Passion.....

"HONDA"

Elite Z28

08 GTO Thumper
    09 Elite GT500 Ninja aka el fabricante de viuda

www.trinitycustomstrings.com

Do your self a favor and do not guess on her DL and DW. Get her to a shop and find out for sure. They may have a few she can try. If you do not you will regret it later as she gives it up since bow does not fit her right.

Once you have her numbers then you can go to classifieds and find a bow that fits her. I suggest you find out what color she wants also. If she does not want to hunt she will want a color bow.

When I bought my bow I had to special order it since all the shop had was hunting bows. Take about a month for a target that is not stocked. Tricking out a target bow is alot of fun. Take it from a women that has set up 4 bows 2 for men and hunting 2 for me and target. It all about the bling for us gals. That is beside out shooting you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cybercat View Post
    Do your self a favor and do not guess on her DL and DW. Get her to a shop and find out for sure. They may have a few she can try. If you do not you will regret it later as she gives it up since bow does not fit her right.

Once you have her numbers then you can go to classifieds and find a bow that fits her. I suggest you find out what color she wants also. If she does not want to hunt she will want a color bow.

When I bought my bow I had to special order it since all the shop had was hunting bows. Take about a month for a target that is not stocked. Tricking out a target bow is alot of fun. Take it from a women that has set up 4 bows 2 for men and hunting 2 for me and target. It all about the bling for us gals. That is beside out shooting you guys.
    i have my old youth bow set up for her now she just wants her own and i didnt wanan go measure ( im lazy) i was really just tryin to fine out what companies made a bow for small framed people i was lookin at diamond bear and pse ... that mathews passion is just to much $ for something she might change her mind on if she likes ...or even worse if she dumps me

i bought my wife a diamond edge before they came out with a razor edge. she loves it and i shoot it every once in a while and it seems to be a really good bow. you can also get upgrade limbs for 50 bucks if she want to up the poundage. i think they are selling new for 329.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Check out the Matthews Mission line. They have the best of all the options. Bought my wife the UX2, and it has ALL the adj. variables needed. Best of all is the price ranges.
    Last edited by snakehater; 09-01-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamoboy View Post
    i bought my wife a diamond edge before they came out with a razor edge. she loves it and i shoot it every once in a while and it seems to be a really good bow. you can also get upgrade limbs for 50 bucks if she want to up the poundage. i think they are selling new for 329.
    i was at the local shop last night and it looked like a good bow and not to mention its a hundred bucks cheaper than the pse chaos i was also lookin at

Default small frame bows

If her draw length is 25" or more most of the bow companies make something, alot will depend on what bow she likes. I would suggest looking up shootlikeagirl.com and seeing where they will be next and haveing her shoot several bows from different companies to find out what feels best for her.

Hoyt has the Vicxen out which is made by a women for women. It runs about $500.00 I have been told. Alot of gals like the edge that hunt and do 3D. They are relly adjustable.