You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Why!?!!!?!!!!

Default Why!?!!!?!!!!

Why do we have to do that stupid hunters safety course before we can get our license? It has the smallest section for bow hunting and it takes so freakin long to do and if you dont pass the quiz at the end you have to do that whole section over again..............

Sorry, but I'm glad. I'm not being mean, but you should know all the rules up front before you go out.
    FBSA Member

besides that how could you fail that test my daughter will be 2 in a couple weeks and I am confident she could pass it
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Yeah.....what they said.

Safety first.

"HONDA"

ok I totally am not saying that its not good to be safe guys, seriously..... I just find it useless to go through all the gun safety stuff before you can get to the stuff your there for. I just want to hunt....

Oh and thanks for calling me stupid.......

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    Sorry, but I'm glad. I'm not being mean, but you should know all the rules up front before you go out.
    Why would I have to know about how to clean a shotgun if I am bow hunting??

Default Honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Bowslice007 View Post
    ok I totally am not saying that its not good to be safe guys, seriously..... I just find it useless to go through all the gun safety stuff before you can get to the stuff your there for. I just want to hunt....

You will learn something and it may be that one thing that saves our life. Not a bad thing at all. Might be the person hunting in your area that learn something at the course that keep them from shooting you.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

it just cost me a hunt i was suppose to be in colo. this week . i didnt start hunting until i was 40 so i didnt need one in many states . ive had a guide license , a trapping licenese , ive hunted in 13 states , i sell bows and guns and show how to shoot both .tried for 3 months to get one but couldnt afford to take of 7 days to do classes . found one that was 3 days and only 20 miles from here. but had to be there all 3 days. gut tied up with a customer so i would of have been 3 hours late and he said no go . so i didnt get to go hunting .

Daniel Boone, I totally see what your saying! I totally agree with it too...

Thanks for helping me out with that

Quote Originally Posted by Bowslice007 View Post

Dont recall seeing anyone call you stupid, if you are referring to what I wrote I just meant its not that hard, there is alot of useful info in the class.....and you never know I started out bowhunting then began pheasant and waterfowl hunting as well some of the gun stuff may come in handy later......you never know.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Dont recall seeing anyone call you stupid, if you are referring to what I wrote I just meant its not that hard, there is alot of useful info in the class.....and you never know I started out bowhunting then began pheasant and waterfowl hunting as well some of the gun stuff may come in handy later......you never know.
    well the way you worded it, it just seemed like thats what you were saying. If a 2 year old can do something and a guy whos over 20 years older that this kid cant do it that easily then thats what it looked like you were saying.....

You know what, I am not here to make enemies.... I just dont find it as easy as you think it is. I am not the brightest when it comes to test and quizzes....

Got mine in Colorado in '74 when I moved up there for a job.. don't need one in Texas because I'm grandfathered by DOB.... it took 8 hours split into two 4 hour evening classes..

Texas has it online and you take the practical shooting test with an instructor...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

not here to make enemies either and surely didnt mean to sound like I was calling you dumb so you have my apologies on that. just meant that you shouldnt sweat it you will do fine

The Custom Sideplate Man Bigdog1's Avatar

In Colorado we have a Bowhunter's course and a separate Gun course. That means you get more intensive bowhunting information such as actual blood trailing experience!
    I should say though that the guy we had was definitely against expandable broadheads and gave out false information. We shot our broadheads into a styrofoam butt and when I pulled mine out of course the blades folded back up. He told me it didn't open! So, in front of a lot of hunters, I asked him if it didn't open up, then why was there foam packed in all the grooves where the blades rested? LOL!
    ACCEPT NOTHING AS FACT, QUESTION EVERYTHING!
    Custom SIDEPLATES for Discriminating Archers

"Cows may come and cows may go, but the Bull in this place goes on forever!"

Small inconvenience for a lifetime of memories man. Who knows you just might learn something you did not know yesterday. Maybe even come away with a new buddy or a place to hunt. Take the class and go hunting
    08 DIAMOND MARQUIS 70# 29" / TROPHY TAKER EXTREME / COBRA SIDEWINDER 5 PIN / 340 mfx team realtree /