You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2011 Mathews Safari - $2100

Mathews® is excited to introduce the new McPherson Series® Monster® Safari™. With patent pending Honeycomb Core Technology™ designed throughout the bow, the Safari™ delivers unprecedented strength and performance. With features such as exotic African Wood Inlays, Integral® Grip, and AVS™ cam system, the Safari™ is equally a work of art as it is a powerhouse in the field.

At Mathews® , engineering and innovation is a way of life. We take pride in developing new technologies that enhance performance and fulfill your archery experience. The new patent pending Honeycomb Core Technology™ is advancement in a long line of archery innovations. The natural design of honeycomb is one of the strongest in nature. The hexagonal honeycomb design has been used in aerospace industries for years because of its high strength-to-weight ratios. It goes without saying that the new Safari™ features strength to the core.
    Additional information regarding the 2011 McPherson Series® Monster® Safari™ will be released Fall of 2010

Wow $2100 MSRP
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Really

$2100.00 dollars. Think Ill pass on that bargain

DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

is it carbon fiber?

I'll take 2............one with 80lb limbs and one with 100lb limbs.

One for hunting and one for sending arrows through 3D targets.

"HONDA"

Why make a Bow Out Of titanium ? I mean its one hella hard material, Not to mention its pretty rare material to mine.

They Claim this bow to be " THE BEST " Imean WOW what have they been selling Crap to us that buy all there other bows? I see they only make the best for the upper class rich folk . Not the middle class working folks. Why Not call it ELITE or something other than the best? WHat have i been shooting SH*T ?

I am offended by that statement and truly think they have lost me a s a mathews bow buyer for sure. Dont you think that "THE BEST ' is personal Preference ? By the SHooter of what ever he or she is shooting ?

So Mathews You make a " SO SO " bow for us the working class and then MARKET A BOW for 2100 Dollars for the Upper class rich folk and Lable it the best Then you can keep that bow with all that fancy machining and other things you claim it to have . I will just find another Bow manufacturer that will cater to me the working class.

Thanks for listening to me rant .

Wish everyone luck and great hunts . . .
    Shoot'Um Straght and Group'Um Tight
    Martin Jaguar, #56, Draw 27", Rage 3 Blade BH, Carbon Express Maxx Arrows, TruGlow 5 Pin

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Thumbs down

What does this bow do that the regular monster doesnt do? and this pricetag of $2100 is way out of range for the majority of bowhunters. Has mathews really stoped to think of how many bows they will sell at these hard times nowadays. (bow is completly useless)
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

A new Monster 7 will most likely be my next new hunting bow, but not one.

Cricket Spitting Champ

Quote Originally Posted by GroupUmUp View Post
    Why make a Bow Out Of titanium ? I mean its one hella hard material, Not to mention its pretty rare material to mine.

They Claim this bow to be " THE BEST " Imean WOW what have they been selling Crap to us that buy all there other bows? I see they only make the best for the upper class rich folk . Not the middle class working folks. Why Not call it ELITE or something other than the best? WHat have i been shooting SH*T ?

I am offended by that statement and truly think they have lost me a s a mathews bow buyer for sure. Dont you think that "THE BEST ' is personal Preference ? By the SHooter of what ever he or she is shooting ?

So Mathews You make a " SO SO " bow for us the working class and then MARKET A BOW for 2100 Dollars for the Upper class rich folk and Lable it the best Then you can keep that bow with all that fancy machining and other things you claim it to have . I will just find another Bow manufacturer that will cater to me the working class.

You must have some inside info, because I nor anyone else I know has been privey to the specs at the time of this posting? I suspect carbon fiber, and doubt titanium.......but thats only speculation at this point. Looks to be for a specialized market, yes, but I am not going to base this years or future bow purchases on the fact that they now have something that is extremely high end in their line up. We are seeing new and very expensive stuff hit the market all the time, only to realize we can't live with out it a few years later, look at GPS for instance.

Personaly I would not want to buy a bow from a company that truely does not believe that they put the best product on the market they can. I applaud new direction and free thinking, with out that, we would still be throwing rocks at game.

Quote Originally Posted by VNVGUNNER View Post
    A new Monster 7 will most likely be my next new hunting bow, but not one.

A new Monster 7 will most likely be my next new hunting bow, but not "that" one.

could not find the edit button.
    Katera XL 60#/30
    QAD,Bow Rattler, Winner's Choice,B-Stinger,Goldtip, TRU Ball
    Carbon Matrix Plus 60#/30
    B-Stinger, Axcel HD Pro, QAD, Carter RX-1

Quote Originally Posted by Chequamegon View Post
    You must have some inside info, because I nor anyone else I know has been privey to the specs at the time of this posting? I suspect carbon fiber, and doubt titanium.......but thats only speculation at this point. Looks to be for a specialized market, yes, but I am not going to base this years or future bow purchases on the fact that they now have something that is extremely high end in their line up. We are seeing new and very expensive stuff hit the market all the time, only to realize we can't live with out it a few years later, look at GPS for instance.

Personaly I would not want to buy a bow from a company that truely does not believe that they put the best product on the market they can. I applaud new direction and free thinking, with out that, we would still be throwing rocks at game.
    Nope No Inside Info At all just My oppinion .

As for still throwing sticks at game ? i am sue tha the first bow and arrow was not mass produced by any one of these companies so the days of throwing w=rocks at game are long gone even before these companies .

If you want to go back in time the first cave man even threw sharp sticks at prey. Just so you know . . .
    Shoot'Um Straght and Group'Um Tight
    Martin Jaguar, #56, Draw 27", Rage 3 Blade BH, Carbon Express Maxx Arrows, TruGlow 5 Pin

Quote Originally Posted by GroupUmUp View Post

I might be old and senile but where in the heck do you see they are claiming this to be the BEST

I don’t see the word used in their ad anywhere for the new bow

am I missing something

"But, it's got freakin imported, African wood side plates!!"

2011 Mathews Safari - $2100 - General Archery Forum

Seriously though.... how can one "patent" something Mother Nature created?

2011 Mathews Safari - $2100 - General Archery Forum

I never seen it on the advertisement. But I will say it.............ITS THE BEST.

"HONDA"

I'd be interested in knowing what makes it so expensive you need to take out a mortgage to buy it.
    Got archery?

Looking for archery tips?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryH View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing what makes it so expensive you need to take out a mortgage to buy it.
    What kind of house are you buying for $2100?? J/K

I know what you mean. $2100 is a lot of money.

"HONDA"

Default Point of View

It's called the "Safari" I think it may be a "Dangerous Game" bow.
    and
    If you can aford a plain ticket to Africa you can buy a few of these.
    It's like $10,000 to shoot a Cap Buffalo.
    Mathews DXT 57lbs 278fps 351grain

Im still trying to figure out how you can patent a honeycomb design....Hasn't the honey comb been around for a few million years???? LOL I think some queen bee might want to find a lawyer on this one LMAO .

But, I really don't believe this bow is for the avg joe archer shooter....

All, forms of firearms in the shooting world have a so called' safari grade...
    It's for the elitist that want that sort of thing. They have the coin to spend that that's what they want to spend it on.

Cool! Order me 2!
    Be good or be good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by bhtr3d View Post
    Im still trying to figure out how you can patent a honeycomb design....Hasn't the honey comb been around for a few million years???? LOL I think some queen bee might want to find a lawyer on this one LMAO .

But, I really don't believe this bow is for the avg joe archer shooter....

All, forms of firearms in the shooting world have a so called' safari grade...
    It's for the elitist that want that sort of thing. They have the coin to spend that that's what they want to spend it on.

I'm trying figure out how one can own the word "Safari"?

"It goes without saying that the new Safari™ features strength to the core."
    http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-1...t-1521-324.asp