You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Trail Cameras

Default Trail Cameras

I am really new the sport of hunting deer this will be my second year at it. I was wondering what trail cam I should get?

I'm using both a cuddeback and a Stealth cam. Both seem to take great pics day and night. One is an IR and the other isn't. To be honest I don't see much of a difference in the both of them as far as pictures are concerned. With the stealth I can view pics right there on the spot. Although the screen is about the size of a gameboy screen. So the over 45 crowd better have their glasses . I don't bother with that.
    Also if this (or most cameras from what I have read) are facing the sun your going to get alot of blank shots. I have.The cuddeback is much easier to set up and seems to have a much longer battery life than the stealth.
    Good luck.
    Mathews Drenalin 65lbs, Muzzys, Vortex Binos, ,Bushnell Bow Hunter, Equalizer tree stand
    The only stupid question is the one you never asked !!.

Default Cameras

Im not paying for the high dollar cameras.

I use the I40 Moultree infrared.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

i like my cuddebacks they havent disappointed me yet

I am currently in my Jr year of college so I will be looking for the value for the money. I dont want to go to cheap and have them not work right but I also will not have 500 dollars to go spend a couple of cameras. my price range is around the 100 dollar mark. Thanks for all the info guys keep it coming.
    Last edited by eikenberryt; 09-24-2010 at 12:21 AM.

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

I just got the bushnell trophey cam bone collector modle and takes great day time photos but as its getting dark still some light IR kicks on and pure wight out and if animal gets to close to cam at night same taking back might try wild game cam has bilt in veiwer and can get two for the same price.

The primos 60 trailcam infared is a good camera and does not spook the deer. Me too I will not spend high dollars for a camera. I just need to see what it is. I do not need a high detailed picture just a black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Im not paying for the high dollar cameras.

I use the I40 Moultree infrared.
    I use the cheapest moultrie camera. I own 4 and they are great hunting tools. In my area they sell between $58 and $85. I turn the flash off and just get pictures of animals that come in when I can see to shoot. If you want to get night pictures, get what Dan is using, the infared. You don't want flash.
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

Gust got two of the wild game nation cams one did not work at all the other I had to walk in front of it 16 times to get on pic took them back and got moultrie D55 IR takes great pic fast and paid 130.00 at Gander m.n.t will go get my second highly recomend the cam for the price not a wast like bushnell trophy cam bone collector wich is a white out pic at night this cam takes great night pics too.