You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Southern National Archery shooters ATTN : NEW INFO the entire event was a SCAM

Some very important information came to light today about the Southern National Archery festival …That was held over the weekend of Sept. 2.3.4.5 2010 in Austin TX….

If you were a shooter and are owed money please PM me so we can get the ball rolling on this SCAM that was perpetrated on us.
    Chris Berry (looking for a great bow company)
    Nikon Pro-Staff, Spot-Hogg Sights, Gold-Tip Pro-Staff, B-Stinger Brotherhood, Lumenok Pro-Staff,Muzzy Pro-Staff,Montana Decoy Pro-Staff
    Shoot strong and never let the blood dry in the back of your truck!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bout View Post
    Some very important information came to light today about the Southern National Archery festival …That was held over the weekend of Sept. 2.3.4.5 2010 in Austin TX….

If you were a shooter and are owed money please PM me so we can get the ball rolling on this SCAM that was perpetrated on us.
    Shot you a PM.
    On Target Archery Shooting Staff - Control Freak Stabilizers Pro Staff - Vortex Optics Pro Staff
    LP Archery Shooting Staff - Sure-Loc Shooting Staff - Mathews Co-Op Shooting Staff

I think you fellows are about to throw good money after bad...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

pm sent to ya Chris
    Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Thinking I'm glad I didn't make this one......

pm sent to you

Quote Originally Posted by ba3darcher View Post
    Thinking I'm glad I didn't make this one......
    me too
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

Man I hate to hear this Guys.......

Hope you can somehow get your money.

"entire event was a scam"

...tell us more Chris.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

wannabe archer

Hey Chris,

I was told by one of the locals there who was also shooting that the guy who was "putting up the money" had screwed a couple other organizations out of a bunch of money on similar deals too. He said from day 1 of the shoot that we wouldn't get paid. I was like "well why did you pay 300 bucks too shoot", he said he hoped the guy would come through this time. That dog ain't gonna bite me but one time. lol. I don't feel so bad about getting knocked out early now. I feel for the guys who placed well and got a, well, should have got a big check. I figured this was gonna happen after no one showed up to shoot and they shut the thing down and said they weren't gonna pay us. They just let us finish so they could screw us from a distance. Nothing like having a bunch of armed people mad as hell at you within shooting distance. You got my email so let me know what you want to do. Ill inform everyone in my phone and email list to get with you.

Thanks,

Keith

World Series of Archery

Press Release regarding Southern National Archery Festival

The World Series of Archery is a limited liability company that is not affiliated or partnered with the Southern National Archery Festival (“SNAF”) or any of its directors or financiers. The World Series of Archery was contacted by Dennis Sissel and Mark Post of SNAF, because SNAF wanted to purchase targets to use during indoor archery events. The World Series of Archery sold targets to SNAF and these targets were used for two indoor events as well as an outdoor novelty event. SNAF hired individuals associated with The World Series of Archery as independent contractors to run the two indoor events.

The World Series of Archery knows many people have been severely damaged by SNAF, its directors, and financiers, and understands individuals may seek redress of these damages in court. In fact, The World Series of Archery has claims for monetary damages and injunctive relief against SNAF, its directors, and financiers. The World Series of Archery and individuals associated with The World Series of Archery are still considering the best remedies for their damages.

The World Series of Archery is not responsible for the debts and liabilities incurred by SNAF or anyone affiliated with SNAF. We would expect anyone pressing a claim against SNAF to fulfill their obligations for a pre-suit investigation and not to name World Series of Archery as a defendant. Should The World Series of Archery be named as anything other than a plaintiff in a suit, it will vigorously defend itself and seek attorneys’ fees.

We sincerely hope individuals associated with SNAF follow through on their promises to pay the archers that won events and the vendors that lost money on SNAF.

Michael Braden
    World Series of Archery

What a crock!

Not really a good way to kick off a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    What a crock!

Not really a good way to kick off a new game.
    Or encourage the next one... even if it is legit.

Default Back From A Weelkend Of Teaching

And what fun I got to teach trapping all weekend and now back to this mess...
    Chris Berry (looking for a great bow company)
    Nikon Pro-Staff, Spot-Hogg Sights, Gold-Tip Pro-Staff, B-Stinger Brotherhood, Lumenok Pro-Staff,Muzzy Pro-Staff,Montana Decoy Pro-Staff
    Shoot strong and never let the blood dry in the back of your truck!!!!!!!

Default MIke

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    I think you fellows are about to throw good money after bad...
    This is a criminal offense. Folks need to atleast address this as a scam. Surely Texas doesnt allow this to happen. Local DA needs to file charges.

Black eye for Texas archery and archery in general.
    DB

Many archers spent alot of money at this event and came along ways.
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 10-04-2010 at 12:59 PM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    This is a criminal offense. Folks need to atleast address this as a scam. Surely Texas doesnt allow this to happen. Local DA needs to file charges.

Black eye for Texas archery and archery in general.
    DB

Many archers spent alot of money at this event and came along ways.
    Texas archery didn't put this thing on.. folks who are not archers put this on...

I agree with filing charges Dan, but filing lawsuits against an LLC is a waste of money.. throwing good money after bad...

The problem is finding cause to file charges and against whom... This isn't the first time this has happened in the archery community...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Criminal

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Texas archery didn't put this thing on.. folks who are not archers put this on...

I agree with filing charges Dan, but filing lawsuits against an LLC is a waste of money.. throwing good money after bad...

The problem is finding cause to file charges and against whom... This isn't the first time this has happened in the archery community...
    Its a crime. Something needs to be done and done from folks in Texas. I dont care if happened before they need to be taken to court. They took folks money and that a crime. Had Texas DA done something the first time these guys ripped folks off we might not be here. Why if everyone knew this guy was a crook didnt someone say something? If this was Oklahoma I would contact the state attorney and inform them about this scam. Lets hope something gets done.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Daniel

Simply put, one would have to prove intent to defraud.

Still waiting to hear the reasons why this was a "Scam" from the get-go.

But, in reality, I think it's a simple case of pinheads letting their mouth write checks, their ass couldn't cash.

Sadly, stupidity is not against the law.

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    Daniel

Simply put, one would have to prove intent to defraud.

Still waiting to hear the reasons why this was a "Scam" from the get-go.

But, in reality, I think it's a simple case of pinheads letting their mouth write checks, their ass couldn't cash.

Sadly, stupidity is not against the law.

well said.

How is it not a crime.