You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I do believe what they have done is truly wrong and I am not taking up for them in any way. They should be punished but it will be very difficult. I would believe some people will collect some money but nothing close to the amounts they were told.

Cricket Spitting Champ

Quote Originally Posted by ba3darcher View Post
    Ok, let me break this down for you, I looked at the link provided in an earlier post, it does not say $250,000 guaranteed to be given away. it does say "guaranteed to a position in the $128,000.00 in the 64 bracket final" it also says "guaranteed $500.00 if...." Do you see the difference. It does not say guaranteed $128,000.00 in prize money only guaranteed to the bracket of 64. this is what I was getting at in my previous post regarding it is all in how something is worded. It is a common misnomer that just because "guaranteed" is in the publication or flier you are going to get that amount of money.
    You must be the promoter?

no..I am not

You know it may not say it on the Flier as guaranteed but they did announce it in the finals that it was guaranteed. When Sam and I shot the final rd it was announced that one of us was guaranteed $16,000 and the other one was guaranteed $32,000. They also guaranteed us that the checks would be in the mail. We filled out 1099's for each event we won and the final rds. I took pictures of my 1099's.

Now if that isnt supposed to be guarantee then I dont know what is.

Cricket Spitting Champ

Ba3darcher......you are splitting hairs.

Bottom line is all those entered in this event were led to believe that $250,000 would be paid out.

Now, are you are saying that "$250,000 cash and prizes" (Advertized) means nothing unless they write garanteed in these advertisments? is this correct?

BTW would you like to come to a tournament?
    Last edited by Chequamegon; 10-05-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Default Jame

Quote Originally Posted by jame View Post
    You know it may not say it on the Flier as guaranteed but they did announce it in the finals that it was guaranteed. When Sam and I shot the final rd it was announced that one of us was guaranteed $16,000 and the other one was guaranteed $32,000. They also guaranteed us that the checks would be in the mail. We filled out 1099's for each event we won and the final rds. I took pictures of my 1099's.

Now if that isnt supposed to be guarantee then I dont know what is.
    Jame they really meant you owe them money when they had you fill out a 1099 Totally sucks for you and others. Nothing but a ripp off and lies to the archers. Jame telling it like it is. He was there.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Chequamegon View Post
    You must be the promoter?
    I assure you he is not and it's really not something you should be accusing someone of being if you have no clue!

I think what BA and others are trying to get across is yes this is a terrible thing and they should definitely be punished, but nowadays everything comes down to what can be proven in a court of law and yes the fact that whomever the promoter was didn't actually guarantee the money (he did guarantee $500 and a spot to shoot for money, but not the actual grand prize according to the flyer) will work in his favor and his lawyers will use it.

I hope everyone that was scammed really gets there money and sues the crap out of him, but like others have stated it's not going to be easy and something like this could be wrapped up in court for a long time if the promoter has a good lawyer.

Just because we say it's going to be difficult doesn't mean we support this at all we are just pointing out some of the difficulties you going to have trying to get your money, that's all.

It would probably be best if some of you just showed up at the promoters front door.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

Quote Originally Posted by Chequamegon View Post
    Ba3darcher......you are splitting hairs.

Bottom line is all those entered in this event were led to believe that $250,000 would be paid out.

Now, are you are saying that "$250,000 cash and prizes" (Advertized) means nothing unless they write garanteed in these advertisments? is this correct?

BTW would you like to come to a tournament?
    what do you think attorneys are paid to do...?

Cricket Spitting Champ

That is the problem with society!

What ever happened to honor, respect, ones word, the hand shake.......all gone!

Certain types of persons are going to take sides and defend those that can afford to pay them too........something the little guy cannot.

This is a sad time we live in, the snake oil salesmen are protected, those that they con are forgotten.

We all know what the intent and sham is here, lets call it what it is.

I will let this alone now before, some persons decide I am liable, find a way to pull me in and some how make me responsible, half a country away......

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    This is right from the flyer. I see garantee on this several times.

DB

Anyone Can Win the $32,000 Grand Prize!
    Regardless of any Score on any Range, many people will make the Semifinals by sheer LUCK. Numerous lucky shots at the Balloon Pop, Draw Poker, and the Genesis Bow Shoots will qualify contestants to the Semifinals. Lucky shots at the Semifinal's Flu-Flu Shoot will guarantee a position(s) in the $128,000, 64-Bracket Final.
    Making it to the Finals, guarantees you a minimum of $500.00.
    The person having the most fun at the Red-Neck Parade, (I know how to have fun!!!) And one persons' name drawn from the hat..., are guaranteed to the $128,000, 64-Bracket Final. More about LUCKY SHOT to Semifinals...
    DB, re-read BA's responses on this thread, they sum things up well. The only "guarantee is $500 if you make the final.
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
    It would probably be best if some of you just showed up at the promoters front door.
    Not trying to be a pesimis, but this would be worth way more than the $500 guaranteed final.

Anyone Can (anyone can but apparenty they meant someone won't) Win the $32,000 Grand Prize!
    Regardless of any Score on any Range, many people will make the Semifinals by sheer LUCK. Numerous lucky shots at the Balloon Pop, Draw Poker, and the Genesis Bow Shoots will qualify contestants to the Semifinals. Lucky shots at the Semifinal's Flu-Flu Shoot will guarantee a position(s) in the $128,000 (could as easily been called the "DB's Danceathon), 64-Bracket Final.
    Making it to the Finals, guarantees you a minimum of $500.00 (the only guarantee I see) .
    The person having the most fun at the Red-Neck Parade, (I know how to have fun!!!) And one persons' name drawn from the hat..., are guaranteed to the $128,000 (again could have been easily called the Donald Duck Dash, 64-Bracket Final), 64-Bracket Final. More about LUCKY SHOT to Semifinals...
    My remarks in RED

This whole deal really, really me. I just don't see a group at the end of all this.

Default I see the word garantee

Quote Originally Posted by TMax27 View Post
    My remarks in RED

This whole deal really, really me. I just don't see a group at the end of all this.
    $500.00 is saying the minimum you can win and that means the other should be garanteed. I quess one see it different if they werent entered.

Ill take Jame word they told him they would get paid, thats a contract right there just saying it. If one cant read that that flyer and see the word garantee many times and feel it means garanteed pay outs. I just see it different and comprehend it differently.

If you were entered into the tournament, Im sure you would comprehend it differently.

Good point, it come to we need a signed contract before entering a tournament to get paid. Crap.
    DB
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default Post

Quote Originally Posted by TMax27 View Post
    DB, re-read BA's responses on this thread, they sum things up well. The only "guarantee is $500 if you make the final.
    I dont need to reread it. Lawyer might see it David way. But I can see where a lawyer can comprehend it as garanteed purse. Quess we need to get flyers read by lawyers before entering a tournament now days.
    DB

$500.00 is saying the minimum you can win and that means the other should be garanteed. I quess one see it different if they werent entered.

Ill take Jame word they told him they would get paid, thats a contract right there just saying it. If one cant read that that flyer and see the word garantee many times and feel it means garanteed pay outs. I just see it different and comprehend it differently.

If you were entered into the tournament, Im sure you would comprehend it differently.

Good point, it come to we need a signed contract before entering a tournament to get paid. Crap.
    DB
    DB
    Unfortuanely in today's world its not about how we (you and I and everyother shooter who enters tournaments) see it, its about the folks that want to put the screws to us lawyers see it. I can see clearly where it says "guarantee" several times in the flier, but I also deal w/ the way things are worded make a world of difference when you get money and lawyers involved everyday of the week.

I see it the way you see it, but I also can see it the way a greedy schister w/ good lawyers sees it. Believe me, I been around plenty of races and contests where big entry fees where put up, and you just go believing the promoter will do the right thing at the end.

Quess we need to get flyers read by lawyers before entering a tournament now days.
    DB
    Wouldn't be a bad idea to have some sort of contract at the sign-ups for big money shoots, especially these totally independant shoots. There are three that I can think of right off the top of my head where the winner can take home $2000 plus dollars that are not affiliated w/ ASA or IBO.

I think everyone is a loser in this deal, them young fellows that put it on and all the shooters who showed up.. If what I've heard is correct they sure didn't walk away with any money in their pockets either.. I expect that the LLC has no real assets and the two young fellows ain't either.. Which means that any judgement awarded will not be worth the paper it's written on..

Everybody put their money on the COME LINE and then threw snake eyes... It's a mess and it's a bad thing for all concerned including the archery community as a whole...

I just hate to see y'all spend money on a law suit and lose even more.. the COME LINE pays big... but you don't hit it all that often...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

I am not trying to offend anyone or upset anyone, just pointing this is alot more complex than alot of people think. Just because something is in print doesn't make it always so, alot depends on how it is worded. In a court of law a case has to be proven, meaning the one suing has to prove his case against the defendant, not the other way around. It has to be proven it was the intent of the promoters to defraud all participants. It is a shame this happened and is very unfortunate a person can"t be taken by his word, or an agreement cant be done on a handshake anymore. Society today is all about "me". Everyone wanting and know one giving, it's really sad. But that is off the subject. To all participants who had to sign a 1099, please check you credit cards and credit ratings as the promoters of this event probably just obtained your social security number which leads to theft identity.

to anyone who is wandering I am not an attorney but have dealt with them and the courts for over 20+years. I am sorry this happened and good luck to all. I will not be posting anymore on this thread.

Default Lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    I think everyone is a loser in this deal, them young fellows that put it on and all the shooters who showed up.. If what I've heard is correct they sure didn't walk away with any money in their pockets either.. I expect that the LLC has no real assets and the two young fellows ain't either.. Which means that any judgement awarded will not be worth the paper it's written on..

Everybody put their money on the COME LINE and then threw snake eyes... It's a mess and it's a bad thing for all concerned including the archery community as a whole...

I just hate to see y'all spend money on a law suit and lose even more.. the COME LINE pays big... but you don't hit it all that often...
    No one has to spend a dime if one lawyer reviews the case and feels there money to find or get a percentage. Often good lawyers can find the money trail. Someone put the big bucks up with deep pockets. Sure worth letting a lawyer look at it. Lots of hungrey lawyers.
    DB
    DB