You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Bear season closed in Oklahoma

Well guys bear season is closed in oklahoma now according to the department of wildlife website. The Tulsa world said most were killed with crossbows and there were 31 bears killed over opening weekend of archery season here in oklahoma. The quota was only 20.

Wow thats awesome. Not a big fan of the crossbows but never the less its hunting so I will support it.

Wow that didn't take long...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

I think we gots mo bears than the wildlife dept thinks we does.....

If we killed 31 in one weekend with bow and arrows then we gots lots of bears....

Default Bear season

Most were killed with Crossbows was my understanding

A buddy of mine just got pics of one at my 3D range and if you dont know where my range is its in Armstrong, OK. Just 3 miles North of Durant. I didnt beleive it till I seen the pics. Hes huge and the Biologist said its the largest Black Bear he has seen in OK. Now that thing has done some traveling. We are way south of where these bears are supposed to be. Theres never been a sighting this far south to my Knowledge.

Default Bears

From what I have been told by a very reliable source that has the "in" there are alot of bears around.

The have seen several sightings around greenleaf state park up in my neck of the woods and there have been several seen up in the Grand lake area also from talking to people from that area.

The "Tulsa world" stated that 22 of the 31 bears were killed with crossbows.

Default Bears

I saw on the news one of the bears was harvested by the first lady. High School student hunting with her Dad. She used a crossbow.

DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Just makes me wonder if not for the crossbow would that number would have been killed with just compounds. Not a crossbow hater actually like the sport having a choice, just makes me think if the deer numbers will go way up in archery season. Be cool to know if we had record deer checked in over weekend. just would be interesting to know.

Wow 30 day bear season open for 24 hours bring out more bear tags ok wildlife agency.

some one told me they had seen one in a friut grove out by oilton. i know there is a couple that legally own captive bears and to my knowledge they have never gotten out.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn