10-04-2010, 08:59 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
Presley's Midwest Open - Dec. 4 & 5, 2010
2010 Presley's Midwest Open Tournament
The 2010 Presley’s Midwest Open Archery Tournament is scheduled for December 4 & 5, 2010
Go to the following link to see and/or print out the Presley’s Midwest Open Archery Tournament Flyer, and view the 2009 Results, Listing of 2009 sponsors, and the results of the 2008 and 2007 events.
Here are some important details concerning this year’s tournament:
1. There are no shooting lines on FRIDAY, Dec. 3, 2010. Presley’s will be open for practice, first come, first served, from Noon until 8PM on Friday. There is a $5 fee payable at the archery counter when you pick up your target.
2. We have changed the shooting line times on SATURDAY:: Those shooting line times are:
Saturday 8:00 AM Saturday 11:00 AM Saturday 2:00 PM Saturday 5:00 PM
3. IMPORTANT: In order to be eligible for EARLY REGISTRATION, each early-registrant MUST meet one of the following criteria:
a. The registrant must have participated (shot) in the 2009 tournament. OR
b. The registrant must have cancelled their time slot prior to the November 27 deadline AND requested that Presley’s keep their registration fee in order that they maintain their priority for 2010. (Persons canceling after the Nov. 27 deadline, or any no shows are NOT eligible for early registration in 2010)
There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the above criteria. If a person that does not meet either of the above criteria and attempts to register, they will not receive a line time and will have to start the registration process over again AFTER October 15. (There are no waiting lists).
Regular Registration will be open for all on October 16, 2010.
Also as a reminder during the registration process:
• Be sure to use your e-mail address and password that you used last year for registration.
• If you have a new e-mail address, then you will need to create a new account and establish a password for that account.
• Be certain to purchase BOTH your SATURDAY line time AND your Shooting Division. Failure to purchase BOTH will delay your registration and necessitate either a phone call or e-mail to get the correct information into the registration data base!
• IF YOU ARE REGISTERING MORE THAN ONE PERSON ON AN INVOICE, INCLUDE THE FIRST AND LAST NAME OF THE OTHER PERSON(S) AND INCLUDE THE SHOOTING CLASS THEY ARE REGISTERING FOR.
• If you prefer to call in to register, please contact Jake Payton (309)697-1193) between 8AM and 4PM CST, Monday Through Friday. The first few weeks are pretty intense, so be patient, and Jake will be with you as soon as possible.
4. The CUBS can only register for the SATURDAY 8:00 AM and the Saturday 5:00 PM shooting line. CUBS will also, as in the past, shoot the SUNDAY 7:00 AM shooting line.
5. The Presley’s range will be open for practice, first come, first served, from Noon until 8PM on Friday Dec. 3, 2010. There is a $5 fee payable at the archery counter when you pick up your target.
6. NOTE: Other than the two official practice ends given just prior to the scoring rounds there will NOT be any practicing on the range before the normal lines on either Saturday or Sunday.
7. We will, if registration goes as anticipated, be shooting the 2:30PM on Sunday.
8. The UPPER Championship shooters (those that most likely will finish ‘in the money’) will shoot at NOON on Sunday, just as they have in the past.
9. Tentatively, The UPPER Trophy shooters for each style will shoot at 2:30PM on Sunday.
10. The other two line times will be filled by grouping competitors with their closest competition and by trying not to break up shooting styles, if at all possible.
11. The Door Prizes Drawing will be conducted after the 5:00 PM has started. This will be a “silent drawing.” The winners will be listed and can pick up their door prizes when they sign in to shoot on Sunday.
• Shooting rules will be the same as last year. NFAA shooting equipment rules will prevail.
• The overall awards for highest score Male & Female in both Championship and Trophy Divisions will be continued again. Any shooting style can win this Overall Award simply by shooting the highest score. This means that a CUB or anyone else is eligible for the award.
• We are hoping that the Championship Purse will be higher than last year’s purse. However, we are unable to guarantee what that purse will be, nor will we know for sure the final amount until Sunday morning, Dec. 5, 2010. Of course all of the $50 portion of the registration fee will go to the shooter’s respective shooting style. Division of the entire purse is, once again, by percentage participation for each shooting style. For example, if 85% of the total shooters are in the Female Freestyle, then 85% of the total “contributed” portion of the purse will go to Female Freestyle.
Field 14 (Tom D.)
Just let it float and SHOOT THE SHOT!
10-06-2010, 08:34 PM #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
Status Update: Oct 6, 7PM CST
Status Update as of 7:00 PM CST, Wed, October 6 the following slots remain on each SATURDAY shooting line:
Saturday 8AM: 46
Saturday 11AM: 39
Saturday 2PM: 6
Please note: there are NO WAITING LISTS, and there also are NOT any "HOLD it for me" on line times. First come = first served.
Also note that we are still in the EARLY registration afforded to LAST YEAR'S competitors. Open registration will begin on October 16.
Thanks for everyone's interest and support of this tournament.
Tom D. (field14)
Last edited by field14; 10-06-2010 at 08:36 PM.
By field14 in forum Tournament DiscussionsReplies: 18Last Post: 11-23-2010, 12:05 PM
By field14 in forum General Archery ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
By field14 in forum General Archery ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 07-29-2009, 02:19 PM
By field14 in forum Tournament DiscussionsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-28-2009, 09:39 PM
By gunner2432000 in forum Tournament DiscussionsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-06-2008, 09:50 PM