You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default string twists and monster buck

Hi. Its my first post here. I just bought my Mathews Reezen this september 2 weeks before MN archery season. Brought it to a local archery shop and it was set up with everything. I got it back and loved it ever since. Then on Sept 27th I arrowed a massive 173 inch 6x5! I love this bow. But I have continued shooting and found that my string is getting more twisted it seems with every shot. Its so bad now that my True nock is totally spun around and my peep is wrapped up around the string! Let me know if you can diagnose the problem. Thanks and good luck to you hunters this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by 173 B&C View Post
    Hi. Its my first post here. I just bought my Mathews Reezen this september 2 weeks before MN archery season. Brought it to a local archery shop and it was set up with everything. I got it back and loved it ever since. Then on Sept 27th I arrowed a massive 173 inch 6x5! I love this bow. But I have continued shooting and found that my string is getting more twisted it seems with every shot. Its so bad now that my True nock is totally spun around and my peep is wrapped up around the string! Let me know if you can diagnose the problem. Thanks and good luck to you hunters this fall.
    i too bought a bow this year and shot it so much that i had to put new cables/string on it. a different brand of speed bow but similar issues and have had to tune it every couple months. here is what i found out about my speedbow. "string creep" or as some call it stretch. with todays speed bows we have to treat them just like we would such things as our vehicle. maintenance. just like we would check our oil or our radiator fluid we need to keep an eye on things like timing. string creep etc etc. if your bow string is that bad i would guess that your bow is out of spec (tune). timing, axle to axle length etc etc.

if you have a bunch of shots thru it on "factory string/cables" i would consider custom strings. i had custom string/cables built in august just before my elk hunt and couldn't be happier. i had between 8-10,000 shots on my factory string and was constantly adjusting my peep when i should have been adjusting my timing first.

the beauty of a custom string is it will be pre stretched and will not "creep" (stretch) as much.

after talking to my bow technician he tells me that experienced archers throw the factory string away as soon as they purchase the bow and have a custom string built. i will do the same on all future purchases of a new bow.

most factory strings are crap and don't last long.

Get yourself a set of winners choice or one of the many brands sold on AT and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches. Once you get them set up and tuned they'll stay put. Then you can get rid of the tube that holds your peep in line.

i cant help you with your problem but i do like pictures of big deer