You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2011 Hoyt Bows, what do you think?

I'll Post the pics and then some specs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Here's some more 2011 Hoyt Bow Pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

how come they dont list the prices? lol

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

Ok, I'm sure I missed something somewhere but why are the speeds listed like 320 fps (ATA) instead of 320 fps IBO?

It'll be interesting to see the prices when they come out too.

The Element and Matrix plus looks like a 31 and 35 Carbon tube risered Maxxis

I do like the looks of the Alpha Elite though.

Chris I dont know if you remember but back in 2006 when I got my Trykon XL you and I were talking and I said it would be cool if Hoyt came out with a parallel limb bow like the trykon but with a shoot thru riser now they finally did it.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Chris I dont know if you remember but back in 2006 when I got my Trykon XL you and I were talking and I said it would be cool if Hoyt came out with a parallel limb bow like the trykon but with a shoot thru riser now they finally did it.
    Alphamax shoot thru should make alot of guys happy.

I was hoping the Element would be lighter though.
    Be good or be good at it.

I'm really surprised they didn't come out with a real barn burner.

Alpha Elite looks cool though.

The Alpha Elite is the bow i like best in the line up

//Jari
    Winner`s Choise the best string for you bow

The Alphaburner is still on the menue for 2011.
    ATA same rating as IBO.
    Katera XL 60#/30
    QAD,Bow Rattler, Winner's Choice,B-Stinger,Goldtip, TRU Ball
    Carbon Matrix Plus 60#/30
    B-Stinger, Axcel HD Pro, QAD, Carter RX-1

Alpha Elite is a little interesting.....

if it had a little more on the ATA it would of been a done deal, though I was hoping for a little more speed. We'll see what real world speeds are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jari View Post
    The Alpha Elite is the bow i like best in the line up

//Jari
    I agree.
    Katera XL 60#/30
    QAD,Bow Rattler, Winner's Choice,B-Stinger,Goldtip, TRU Ball
    Carbon Matrix Plus 60#/30
    B-Stinger, Axcel HD Pro, QAD, Carter RX-1

The alpha elite looks promising but not really as impressed as I thought I would be. Another disappointing year from hoyt with reworked bows. Cheap limb pockets on the vantage now instead of the good ones that they had. Bet they saved alot of money this year. The green they show on the alpha looks horrible. So there is my feelings on the hoyts and Im a hoyt guy. Now to wait and see what bowtech has in store for their new target bow

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Alpha Elite is a little interesting.....

if it had a little more on the ATA it would of been a done deal, though I was hoping for a little more speed. We'll see what real world speeds are.

38" would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by wihoyt View Post
    The alpha elite looks promising but not really as impressed as I thought I would be. Another disappointing year from hoyt with reworked bows. Cheap limb pockets on the vantage now instead of the good ones that they had. Bet they saved alot of money this year. The green they show on the alpha looks horrible. So there is my feelings on the hoyts and Im a hoyt guy. Now to wait and see what bowtech has in store for their new target bow
    X2

Looks like I'm sticking with my UltraTec and ProElite. They haven't come out with anything better yet.

That green really turns me off.

The Elite looks like it would be my pick of the litter. I guess I'm old school, but I just don't like or trust the beyond parallel limb technology, besides they look like they would be a pain in the to press.
    Canam Connections/Tru Ball

What makes you think the limb pockets are are bad? Not to sound like an a$$ but you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to limb pockets. Apperently you havent ever shot even played with the new pockets. They are very tight and very well designed. By far the tightest pocket on the market. If they werent there wouldnt be so many people shooting and winning with these CHEAP HORRIBLE designs. LOL.

Talking Sweet

I will have the Alpha Elite for my new target bow. FREAKIN SWEET
    Snake Creek Mafia
    2012 Elite Answer
    TRU-BALL shooting staff Bernies Control Freak Staff
    Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.

Quote Originally Posted by jame View Post
    What makes you think the limb pockets are are bad? Not to sound like an a$$ but you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to limb pockets. Apperently you havent ever shot even played with the new pockets. They are very tight and very well designed. By far the tightest pocket on the market. If they werent there wouldnt be so many people shooting and winning with these CHEAP HORRIBLE designs. LOL.
    You obviously have no clue who you are talking to! What was won with these limb pockets? Last year almost all thier wins were with a vantage elite with the old limb pockets and even braden winning over seas with an old ultra elite bc he couldnt get his vantage to shoot for him yet. They obviously didnt change from the most consistant pocket ever made in an effort to make them better with a smaller part of alum and way less complicated of a tooling run. people wonder why the guys that pound the piss out of the x's all day long every day and make it thier lifes dont post online anymore. Take a look in the mirror

You obviously have no clue who you are talking to! What was won with these limb pockets? Last year almost all thier wins were with a vantage elite with the old limb pockets and even braden winning over seas with an old ultra elite bc he couldnt get his vantage to shoot for him yet. They obviously didnt change from the most consistant pocket ever made in an effort to make them better with a smaller part of alum and way less complicated of a tooling run. people wonder why the guys that pound the piss out of the x's all day long every day and make it thier lifes dont post online anymore. Take a look in the mirror
    All I can tell you is I dont have to look in the mirror. Not trying to get in a pissing match with you but I have talked with and shot with some of the best Archers out there. They like the new pocket system other than switching limbs around. The pockets are so tight that its hard to get the limbs out. You state that Braden couldnt get his Vantage to shoot for him last season. One is the vantage had the old style pocket on it and 2 is Braden didnt shoot for Hoyt last season.
    Im not saying that the old limb pocket doesnt work but the new pocket works just as well as the old one. I for one wasnt happy about the pocket system at first but once I got to playing around with it and shooting it, I couldnt see any differences in it. In my opinion this pocket is as tight and shoots just as well as the old style did.
    It just bugs me when people start the bow bashing on a public forum. Sounds alot like AT.
    Just my 2 cents.
    PS. I did look in the mirror and Realized how damn good looking I am.
    Jame Jamison
    Last edited by jame; 10-16-2010 at 01:11 PM.