You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Vane Color Scheme

What's the best vane color scheme for hunting so that you don't give yourself away, but you can still find your arrows in the woods

i have fletch several thousands of arrows right before hunting season and i had mostly put on greens, reds, white, and orange.

I like bright colors. If the deer see you because of vane color, you moved at the wrong time. This is just my opinion.

I really like flo org and white. This allows me to find the arrow if it is still green out and also allows me to find it if there is snow on the ground.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Camo is for the guy who doesn't need to find his arrows after the shot. I like bright colors, and use Flo green, yellow, and orange, with a white cok feather.

By the time a critter see's the feathers, they are usually in the dirt on the other side.

Chequamegon Archer

In years past I hunted with all black, all brown, all olive, etc. in an effort to become more camo. Gave all that up and now go with flo colors. The deer are not going to be sensitive at all to your fletching. If that's the case you're doing something else really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chequamegon Archer
    In years past I hunted with all black, all brown, all olive, etc. in an effort to become more camo. Gave all that up and now go with flo colors. The deer are not going to be sensitive at all to your fletching. If that's the case you're doing something else really wrong.
    I have all camo arrows, but use light nocks, which turn on when they come out of the bow. They are called tracer nocks.

Talking

I have had alot of different color combo's over the few years that I have been particpating in the great sport of archery, even had one red, one white, and one blue for a while. I am pretty stuck on flo green and white now though. 2 years same color must like me or something.

Since I Fletch My Own, I Do Half My Hunting Arrows In Bright Yellow An The Other Half In Black. I Always Remove My 3 Arrow
    Quick-e Quiver When In My Tree Stand. The Black Remain In The Quiver While The Yellow Is Nocked. I Don,t Know About The Rest Of You But I Only Had An Oportunity For A Second Shot One Time In Over Forty Years Of Bow Hunting. Maybe I Just Can't Believe I Missed With The First Arrow--------must Have Been The Bow!

I shoot all orange. Since I fletch my own, I don't have to buy, say, 20 orange vanes and 10 yellow ones. Plus I like having 3 of one color anyway.

Get the color you personally see the best. Some people have problems seeing colors I have no problem seeing. I can fletch an arrow up with green and toss it on a bed of brown leaves. And my wife will walk past it every time. Flo colors work well generally. Ask your pro shop for a couple vanes you think will be good. And toss them in the wood and see which ones stand out better.

My opinion only,

Matt

I like yellow and orange. The brighter the better in my opinion.

Darrel
    Pro Staff Positions:

True Spot Scopes
    Coffey Marketing
    WindStalker Cable Guard
    VaneTec vanes
    Prostring custom bow strings