10-18-2010, 04:23 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2010
Anybody know any bow design engineers?
My company is doing a search for Bear ARchery and they are looking for someone.
Our client, Escalade Sports, headquartered in Evansville, IN, has manufactured and distributed product to the Sporting Goods market for over 80 years. The company’s involvement in the Sporting Goods industry began in 1927 with the founding of Indian Archery and Toy Corp., a manufacturer of archery equipment, badminton sets and darts. Escalade Sports has grown through a series of strategic product acquisitions and is now known as a dominant market leader in the production of table-tennis tables, in-ground recreational basketball systems, games tables, archery, playground systems, and fitness equipment. Within the Sporting Goods industry, Escalade Sports is recognized for quality products and brands, new product development, unparalleled customer service and efficient order fulfillment capabilities. With roughly $90M in annual sales, Escalade is a global company and a major player in the Sporting Goods industry with an emphasis on continuous growth, expansion and acquisition.
Bear Archery Products, a division of Escalade Sports, is the name that is synonymous with the tradition of bow hunting and the enjoyment of the outdoor experience. Bear Archery has a saying, “It’s not about the hype or high cost – it’s about the hunt”. This defines the essence of Bear Archery, which grew out of the life and work of legendary sportsman Fred Bear. The company flourished with Fred’s iconic passion for bow hunting, love of the outdoors and bow craftsmanship. Over the years, the Bear name gained legendary status as a mark of quality, furthered by Fred’s dedication to hunting experience and his advances in design and workmanship. Today, Bear craftsmen build on Fred’s contribution to the sport by their commitment to his original vision: to bring you quality products that perform well above price. This is what Fred Bear stood for, and it is what Bear Archery will always stand for. In simplest terms, it’s all about the hunt…your hunt.
Reporting to the Director Product Development, the Product Development Engineer - Archery will work in conjunction with product managers and the sales staff to design compound bows, components and archery accessories to meet the demand from very passionate consumers.
The Product Development Engineer - Archery needs to be passionate about the sport of archery, as well as detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture - while thinking outside the box; driving business by bringing in fresh products every year. Ability to creatively adapt to constant change in bow design: speed, aesthetics, ergonomics etc. and work to meet demands of a 9-12 month product cycle is critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The Product Development Engineer - Archery will design and develop quality products to ensure Bear Archery continues bringing quality products that perform well above the price and places Bear Archery as the #1 provider of Archery products and accessories.
• Apply engineering principles and practices to archery accessory lines
• Develop the structural design for archery products using computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment software
• Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of existing and new archery accessories
• Confer with engineering team members and other personnel to implement design changes, resolve product malfunctions and provide technical information
• Utilize test control apparatus and equipment and develop procedures for testing products
• Develop and test models for alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification
• Develop, coordinate and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication and operation of products designs
• Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering projects and prepare contract documents
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports
• Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate the feasibility and cost of designs or applications
• Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
• Write performance requirements for product projects
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering experience
• 2-5 years of design experience, preferably in archery or other outdoor / hunting related verticals
• A demonstrated passion for outdoor pursuits, as well as at least an appreciation for hunting are required
• Strong leadership skills and personal initiative; innovator
• Strong work ethic
• A change agent with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have a strong technical / creative background in design and manufacturing
• Well developed skills in Solid Works or equivalent CAD software
• Solid knowledge of and experience in bringing things to production
• Use creativity to design new quality products while managing the development process to meet market needs
• Present product designs and specifications for presentation to senior management
• Generates accurate drawings for tool and part fabrication, product approval, and production
• Collaborates with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design solutions
• Studies specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders, and shop data and confers with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures and cost
• Results oriented
• Creative, “out of the box” thinker
• Challenges the status quo; inspires change
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to quickly focus on priorities
• Strong leadership skills; builds consensus
• “Roll up the sleeves and get it done” mentality
• The ability to impact and influence business decisions
• Flexible and adaptable; collaborative
• An effective business partner / team player
• High integrity
• Treats all people with respect and dignity
• Enjoys the outdoors
• Strong organization and execution skills
• Comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization
• Creative and innovative
• A quick thinker
• High energy and outgoing
Depending on the skills & experiences of the individual we hire, we are anticipating a base of up to $80k + 10-20% bonus potential (based on achievement of company & individual objectives, and awarded based on performance); comprehensive benefits & relocation / moving assistance.
IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
By Joe_P. in forum General Archery ForumReplies: 21Last Post: 06-16-2008, 07:25 AM
By jcmorgan31 in forum General Archery ForumReplies: 62Last Post: 06-11-2008, 03:57 PM
By Dredly in forum Jokes ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 10-10-2007, 12:16 AM
By heastaffrob in forum Hoyt Bows for Sale or TradeReplies: 3Last Post: 10-10-2006, 05:52 AM
By skillswife in forum General Archery ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 02-04-2006, 07:58 PM