You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Jason-R Buck

Default Jason-R Buck

Hey good friend thats a heck of nice harvest. Now thats a rough crowd in that picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Great job Jason, way to lay the smack down!
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

I heard the hilarious story about this hunt!!

Congrats Jason.. One heck of a buck!
    Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Yea it was one heck of a hunt. I will post when it will be on TV. I give a big thanks to all that was there with me. Without them it would not have near the memories.

Default Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jason-R View Post
    Yea it was one heck of a hunt. I will post when it will be on TV. I give a big thanks to all that was there with me. Without them it would not have near the memories.
    What kind of stabilizer is that on your bow? Good looking Mathews bow you got there
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default Congratulations

Way to go on a fine deer. I do agree that is a pretty rough crowd you run with.
    THANKS TO MY SPONSORS
    Mathews Bows, Goldtip Arrows, Leupold Binoculars, Trophy Taker Arrow Rest, AEP Stabilizers, Scott Archery Releases, CBE Sights, Classic Scopes, Vanetec Vanes

In a Tree

Default congrats

That's a great buck. Where did you kill him at? Let's hear the funny story.

takes 6 people to kill a buck?
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Dan, Thats no Mathews bow, Hoyt maxxis and limbsaver stab.

Story is:
    I been seeing this buck and 8 others coming to a spot on a 40 acer wooded area beside my cabin. Being the neighbors shoot everything with the rifels i decided to take this one. On the first saturday me and the camera man went out and sure as the day he came out right on time. It was at 40 yards slightly quartered to me. I took the shot and instead of him turning away from me he turned to me and the arrow hit him frontal. We went back in that night to find him still moving around. ( fire nock was still in him so we could see him moving). The next morning me and the group in te picture went to go get him. We found alot of blood and followed the trail but the blood stoped. Me elisha and lyle spread apart about 20yards from each other and started easing through the woods. right at the edge of the property Elisha seen him laying down and still alive. I put another shot into him at 20 yards and he jumped and ran. Lyle was watching through the binos and seen the arrow go in right behind the shoulder. We waited a few minutes and started looking for more blood, but nothing. I ended finding both arrows and finally some blood. We followed it for about 100 yards. Lyle seen the deer laying in some brush and he was still alive. He jumped up and ran into the lake. As we was thinking what to do one of the camera guys jumpes in and startes swiming after it. We got the deer after allthis work.

Maybe I shouldnt have taken the shot but fact is I did. After seeing where the arrow hit him the first time the deer should have been dead quickly. It went through the center of the throat low toward the chest. On the second arrow the deers back leg was so far foward when he was laying the broad head blade caught it slightly and opened up causing the arrow to kick sideways and go in between the front shoulder and rib cage. I wont say what broadhead I was using but I will never use them again jst because they either open up when they are not suppose to or the blades break off on entry. Like I said it will be on the show and people can see for themselves. I have never had a deer move that much between the shot and when the arrow hits. He nearly turned 90 deg. This is the story in a nut shell.

Default Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    takes 6 people to kill a buck?
    Us okies work together.

Jason-R Buck - Bowhunting forum
    DB
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 10-19-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by culleng View Post
    That's a great buck. Where did you kill him at? Let's hear the funny story.
    It was down by Wetumpka, OK. I have alot of land down there.

In a Tree

Default Story

Whoa Jason that is a great story and a deer I am sure you will not forget.
    As for not taking the shot who cares what people think your are damned if you do and damned if you don't. It seems no matter what you do or say someone will ridicule you for it.
    Last edited by culleng; 10-19-2010 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Us okies work together.

Jason-R Buck - Bowhunting forum
    DB
    Party hunting is illegal here in Ohio.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

I know a guy that chased a half dead buck into a river and went in after it with a pocket knife. No kidding. He got the buck.

Sure is a dandy buck.

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

Default No Mathews

Quote Originally Posted by Jason-R View Post
    Dan, Thats no Mathews bow, Hoyt maxxis and limbsaver stab.

Story is:
    I been seeing this buck and 8 others coming to a spot on a 40 acer wooded area beside my cabin. Being the neighbors shoot everything with the rifels i decided to take this one. On the first saturday me and the camera man went out and sure as the day he came out right on time. It was at 40 yards slightly quartered to me. I took the shot and instead of him turning away from me he turned to me and the arrow hit him frontal. We went back in that night to find him still moving around. ( fire nock was still in him so we could see him moving). The next morning me and the group in te picture went to go get him. We found alot of blood and followed the trail but the blood stoped. Me elisha and lyle spread apart about 20yards from each other and started easing through the woods. right at the edge of the property Elisha seen him laying down and still alive. I put another shot into him at 20 yards and he jumped and ran. Lyle was watching through the binos and seen the arrow go in right behind the shoulder. We waited a few minutes and started looking for more blood, but nothing. I ended finding both arrows and finally some blood. We followed it for about 100 yards. Lyle seen the deer laying in some brush and he was still alive. He jumped up and ran into the lake. As we was thinking what to do one of the camera guys jumpes in and startes swiming after it. We got the deer after allthis work.

Maybe I shouldnt have taken the shot but fact is I did. After seeing where the arrow hit him the first time the deer should have been dead quickly. It went through the center of the throat low toward the chest. On the second arrow the deers back leg was so far foward when he was laying the broad head blade caught it slightly and opened up causing the arrow to kick sideways and go in between the front shoulder and rib cage. I wont say what broadhead I was using but I will never use them again jst because they either open up when they are not suppose to or the blades break off on entry. Like I said it will be on the show and people can see for themselves. I have never had a deer move that much between the shot and when the arrow hits. He nearly turned 90 deg. This is the story in a nut shell.
    Maybe a Mathews would have helped on that shot. Just kidding buddy. Your a good archer and hunter. Often when deer duck or turn we cant do alot about it. Good Buck Jason. Each hunter makes that choice when to shoot and lives with what happens after words. You did good.
    DB

Congrats Jason on a great Adventure.

I had a similar story two years ago chased in river and knife. Will never forget that buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Devine Shot View Post
    Congrats Jason on a great Adventure.

I had a similar story two years ago chased in river and knife. Will never forget that buck.
    Well thats some of whats not in the story. Kale Biggs ( a good friend and one of the camera men ) did take my knife in with him when he bailed into the water. I think this piece of property is just bad luck for chasing animals. This is the same spot where we had to run after the turkey that was on film this last spring. It make for some dang funny video tho.